Saturday 14 February 2015

It is all about us: Sangam Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Arnav was worried that Khushi hadn't come to see him today, and she had sent breakfast from her friend's hand.

He didn't even know where she lived and he couldn't ask her or her friends about her resident. So he himself decided to leave the dispensary and look for her around in the village, he was quite bored since the day he had come he was sitting in the room, sick.

Arnav looked all around, village was just like any other village, but much more clean and green. Houses were small, but all quite the same height and the width.

Children played in the streets, woman could be seen doing house chores. And men walking by him and few talking to each other with their friends on the streets. Some looked at him, as they knew he was not from their village. Arnav smiled looking at the people. He felt so warm but not at all peaceful, he wished things weren't dirty otherwise, he would have his house in this village. He had the dark reason to hate this place, and love was only for the fact that Khushi was there. Now once again he was thinking of her. He wondered if she shy to come in front of him. This thought made him smile to himself.

He asked the people around and one of the child told him that she must be at the lake side. Arnav thanked him and he  immediately went to the lake.

As he saw her, he finally took a sigh of relief. She was talking to her friends, she looked quite mad for some reason, he could tell from the tone that in which she was talking to her four friends. When her friends saw him coming towards them, they, one by one slid out of the sight so that they could talk, but Arnav gestured Savitri to stay, without Khushi knew about it and she stayed.

"What if he comes to know that Thakur ji is no one but my father and I will become a lier in his eyes. This is a shame. My image will be ruined in front of him!"

Arnav was surprised to know that she was Thakur ji's daughter, well good for him, he thought.

"So you haven't told him that you are his daughter?" Savitri asked.

Arnav sat on the old tree trunk lied scrap to sit, behind Khushi.

"Savitri, he will than hate me and will never believe me!" she added and angrily threw stone in the lake.

Arnav looked at Savitri and she asked,
"Khushi, why do you care he will think of you such high?"

"It does matter to me," she immediately answered, as she thought of the last night, and the confession. "Savitri, after Anjali bhabi, you all are my best friends. I share with you everything, you know what I..." she stopped, when she didn't get respond from her other friends.

Arnav was waiting with so much anticipation, his heart beat increased as he too wanted to know what she wanted.

When Khushi looked at Savitri and her laughing at someone behind her, "why are laughing?" she asked, as she too looked were Savitri was looking at and laughing, Khushi was so scared to see who it was.

She gulped down the lump in her throat and looked back, she almost screamed and she suddenly got up, her foot stuck in her lehanga and she was going to fall back in the lake when Arnav quickly stood and held her hand and saved her from falling.

Savitri ran out of there laughing, leaving them both alone.

"Savitri, where are you going?" she asked at her back, but it was too late.

"Arnav, babu, when did you come?" she asked, her face flushed.

Arnav was looking at her, her skin glowed in the bright sunlight, her cheeks rose petal shining under the sunlight. Her eyes looking everywhere in front of her but him looking at her with pure affection.

Arnav elegantly made her stand, but only to pull her towards himself. She held his shoulders for support. "You are looking beautiful today," he said.

"You...you here!" she stammered.

"Yes...yes, me here!" he mocked.

She was finding it hard to not to look into his eyes, and his hands on her waist made her feel lost. "Somebody will come!" she said, as she breathed heavily.

"Let them!" he said in his husky tone.

His breath on her skin as he spoke made her close her eyes and her breath even heavier.

"People will talk about us!"

"Let them!"

"My babu ji has lot of respect in this village!" she merely whispered, but the only thing on her mind was to stay seated in his laps like this for forever. The sense of every wrong and right ended when he was the only person she wanted to be with.

"Don't worry with due respect I will make you my bride."

"Come to my home and talk to my father, otherwise there are many guys in this village."

His hands flew in her braid and he clenched it firmly, but not harshly that might have hurt her. "You are mine and I have never felt this possessive for anyone or even near it, but you. I have never felt for anyone that I cannot live without, so you better..."

"What if you are lying?"

"You wouldn't have minded sit close this to me, you wouldn't have been asking these question as you so wanted the answers for,  you wouldn't have showed your sweet gesture that you also like me..."

"Like you is a underestimation, Arnav ji," she corrected him. "You have already made place in my heart!"

"What if I am only doing this to cheat you?" he now counter questioned her to know if she really trusted him. The expression on her face didn't change a bit, her eyes had the same affection, same love.

"I know you wouldn't."

"How much you know about me?"

"Not much, but your eyes can't lie," she said.

"What if I leave without saying a word?"

"I will wait for you for forever."

"What if I never returned?"

"I will die in your wait," she answered.

"What if I only want your body?" he asked.

"You won't! If it will happen first I will kill you and then myself!" she quickly answered this without any thought.

A little smile played on his lips.
"You shouldn't trust a unknown person like this!"

"You are not unknown person to me anymore."

"Are these only words?"

"You can trust me anytime," she said.

Rudra was burning in anger as he saw Khushi in Arnav's arms. "Bhai, what are you waiting for? On your one command, he will be in your feet."

Rudra held his hound by his collar to stop him. "Calm down," he said, coldly. Rage burning in his mind seeing them two together. "Tonight, finish him!"

"It will be done, bhai!"

"Right now go and get my suit boot ready, I am going to Khushi's house for an alliance."

"Okay, bhai!" his men said and left.

"Screw you shehre babu, I promise tonight you will be breathing your last breaths."

***
Khushi fell backwards as she was suffocated after holding on to her could breath, Arnav nearly caught her in his arms, and looked at her as she had her eyes closed.

"You are safe, you can open your eyes!" he said.

Her eyes open as flower bloom and the tears sparkled as a mist in the early morning sun, and his heart swept away by the fragrance and coldness of it.

"You are beautiful!" he said, "I can tell you this everyday!"

He slowly lifted her up and now she was  again sitting in his laps.

"Smart yet innocent beauty," he muttered to himself.

Khushi slowly stood up and was going to run away when Arnav held her hand.

"Khushi, I have to talk to you!"

She sat beside him seeing a serious look on his face. "Is anything serious?"

"Khushi, I want to go the place where my car met with an accident."

Khushi looked up at the tall hill in front of her. "There?"

"Yes, is there any way to get there?"

"Motor vehicle, yes."

"Okay, I have called in my new car and it will be here in a day or two then we can go as soon as it here. And one more thing I want to get my car out of the water.

"The one that fell in this lake? It must be destroyed."

"Any way to get it out of the water?"

"Yes, but was there anything important in it," as she looked at the lake.
"So, are you ready?"

She snapped her neck towards him. "Ready?"

"Tonight, I will come to your home to talk to your father for your hand."

Khushi blushed and finally got up and ran. "Khushi, I hope you won't run away when I will need you the most!"

She stopped hearing his words, she turned back huffing and looked at him, she could tell from a distance that he was aching for her. Even before he opened his arms she ran towards him, at that point in the moment he was assured that she was the only one for whom he would give his life for. The one and only girl of his dreams.

He closed his arms around her and felt the warmth and closeness of hers. Never he felt so relaxed. "I would not let you down, Arnav ji!" she said.

"I know!" he said.

***
She entered her home with a great mood but when she saw Rudra and his family in her haveli, it turned bitter.
"Khushi, you have come, go and wear these clothes fast!" Khushi's bhabi, Ahana said but Khushi looked at Anjali, who seemed to steal her gaze from her.

"Anjali, bhabi, can you get me ready?" she said. Anjali nodded, but she still hadn't looked at Khushi. She followed her without a word.

As they both reached in Khushi's room Khushi closed and locked the door and said, "Bhabi, what is that Rudra doing in this house?"

"Khushi, Rudra has come with his family for your hand, and your brothers and your father has not said yes, yet, as they want to know what you want. But you know that sarpanch and babu ji are best friends. However, Khushi I tried my best to tell your brother to tell him about you and Arnav but I couldn't able to gather a courage."

Khushi cupped her face, "Bhabi, please do not take stress. It's not your mistake."

"Khushi, what would you do now?"

"That I should have to."

"Tell Rudra's family that I am ready for the marriage on my behalf!" she said. "But right now I have to leave!"

"Khushi, what are you saying? You could tell your brothers and babu ji that you don't want to get married to him."

"Bhabi, it's not going to end like this, and yes, I know babu ji has not made his decision and this means he would definitely listen me, but bhabi you don't know Rudra. Anyways, forget about this and please take care of everything behind me!"

"But, Khushi?"

"Bhabi, please, bye."

***
"Arnav ji!" Khushi said and hugged him.

All of sudden seeing her crying he got worried. "Khushi, what happen? Why are crying?

"Khushi, if you will keep crying like this how would I know what is wrong?"

She moved back. "I am sorry," she apologised.

"Khushi, it's okay, but tell me what's wrong?"

Khushi told him the reason why she was crying.

"Hmm...so this is the reason!" he sounded calm. "So what you are gonna do?"

"I will get married to him, what else?" Even she joked.

"Are you kidding me? Here I thought you were crying that you are sad that you were going to get married to that guy!"

Khushi hit him on his shoulder. "I was crying because I missed you!"

He laughed as it was only an hour ago she had went to her home. But he knew she was joking. He held her arms, "Khushi, you cannot be anybody else's."

"My family has not said, yes but if this is something my father wants, they will get me married to that guy, and I will not take another breath."

Arnav kept his finger on his lips. "Khushi, don't ever say that again."
He cupped her face. "If you say right now I can go to your house with you, and talk to your dad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment