Monday 16 February 2015

It has been Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2 
Yeh dooriya na kam honge kabhie?

A rays of the sun enlightened the room of Arnav Khushi. As the birds chirped in the backyard of RM and Khushi heard the bell ring of RM, she knew it was newspaper guy.

But as she looked at the clock it was 9:00 AM.

"Oh devi maiyan, I slept this late!" she said and she was about to toss the blanket away when her eyes caught the unbelievable sight.

Arnav was already ready. Not just in his casuals but in an office suit. That was too much for her, wasn't it? He was clean shaved, most importantly he had his long rugged looking hair cut down to the short length that best suited him perfectly. And in no way, she expected that.

She pinched herself. She wasn't dreaming it was in fact the reality.

Arnav looked at her looking at him.

"Khushi; you up. Good morning!"

"Good morning," she muttered in a low tone.

"What happen, Khushi? Is your health fine?" he asked concerned.

"Yes, I am perfectly fine," she answered. "I just slept little longer than I should have had!" she said not slowly or in a hurry, but unmoved. She rushed to the washroom.

Arnav felt she didn't even see a change in him.

"Didn't she?" he asked himself. But then he gave it a thought and acknowledged himself with the truth that he had hurt her more than he could think.

He waited for Khushi to come out of the washroom.

Half an hour later, Khushi came out after taking a shower.

"Khushi!" he said.

Khushi didn't pay attention to him.

"Khushi, I wanted to say that I..."

"Arnav ji, I am in a little hurry and I already woke up late."

"It's really okay, Khushi, you needed a sleep."

"I know how much sleep I need. And now if you please excuse me!" she said and left.


Nani, mama, mami, Anjali, Akaash, and Payal were dumbfounded the moment they saw Arnav. Well groomed.

"Were they dreaming?" they all thought exactly the same.

"Good morning, everyone!" he said as he took his seat on the dinning table.

Everyone had cleaned bowled expression on their faces.

"Akaash bhai, please pass me the newspaper!"

Akaash did so.

"Anjali di, please make me a cup of tea. Less sugar, more milk!"

"Here you go!" Anjali said placing the cup of tea in front of him.

"Mama ji, we shall be meeting the investors today and at the spot we would finalize the deal. And Akaash, bhai you will stay with Payal bhabi and take care of her and your baby."

"Okkkay!" Akaash said confused.

"Nani ji, here is your blood pressure tablets," Khushi said.

Arnav immediately lowered the newspaper and looked at Khushi. He didn't finish reading the newspaper but he thought it would be wise thing to do.

"Uh, Khushi, can you please pass me the juice?" he said.

"Mama ji, I just get your vegetable soup," Khushi said as she completely ignored Arnav. And left.

Everybody looked at each other. They got an instant flick that Khushi was mad.

"Chote ji, it's not gonna be easy ride!" Payal said.

"You know what bhabi, I just realized that!"

To this everyone laughed.

"But yes, it's not gonna be easy, chote. She is hurt."

"I know di, and bhabi. But as I have promised I will not back out."

"Good luck, chote!" Nani ji said.

"I do need it!" Arnav said. "A lot."

"Khushi, bitiya now come and sit and have breakfast," mami ji said to khushi when she returned back.

"It's okay, mami ji, I am not really hungry!"

"Khushi, bitiya, you didn't eat last night too."

"Mama ji, I am really okay, I will eat little later."

"Khushi, why don't you just sit and eat?" Arnav said. "If you didn't eat last night then it's not good."

"I am really okay!" she said. "You don't have to worry about it."

Everyone at the table just kept on munching on their food. They didn't dare to raise their eyes to look at Arnav or Khushi. It was a husband wife matter and they should be the one who would have dealt with it on their own way,  none of them would have liked to jump into it and poke their noses.

"Why to vent my anger on food?" he said.

Khushi looked at him but she resisted to say anything. She simply walked out of the dinning room one again.

"Does she knows to get angry too?!" he asked.

"Well, she is Mrs. Raizada?" Anjali said. And one by one they all left from the table.

"And Arnav son, today is Sunday. If you checked the calendar in any ways," mama ji said on his way.

"Well, I called the investors today," Arnav remarked sounding foolish.

"Really it's Sunday?" he asked. "Urggh!" he growled as he checked his phone.

"No sense of the day too," he muttered

His phone rang. It was his investors phone.

"Hi, Mr. Raizada, we will be leaving Delhi in an hour and in just three hours we shall be in Mumbai head office. But sir, I was wondering if we could do this tomorrow as scheduled? Actually I was with my family here in Delhi!"

"Mr. Rastogi, let's do it tomorrow then!"

"Sir, are you sure? You aren't angry right?"

"No, Mr. Rastogi, let's do it tomorrow. You enjoy with your family!" he said.

"Thank you so much, sir!"

"It's not a problem!" he said and hung up the phone.

"Khushi, what a change in him over night!" Anjali said as they stood behind him.

Khushi all could do was gave her a faint smile.

***
"Khushi, here eat something!" Arnav said as he put the plate of food in front of Khushi.

Khushi without paying any attention kept on doing her work in the kitchen.

"Khushi, are you listening? I am saying something!" he said in a calm tone.

Khushi looked at him.

"I am not in a mood to eat right now."

"Khushi, it's past afternoon and you still haven't eaten anything!"

"How come you started caring about it all sudden, Arnav ji? Why all together it has started making a difference to you that I haven't eaten anything?"

"It's nothing like that, khushi. You will fall sick!"

"It has nothing to do with you. I can stay hungry. And when I will feel like I will eat it! You don't have to worry about me. Please! I am not used to it," she retorted and was going to leave the kitchen when Arnav stopped her as he held her hand.

"Khushi, I know I have hurt you. For that I am sorry. I have realized my mistake."

"Why are you sorry to me? I mean nothing to you. You haven't hurt me but your family. You should be sorry to your family, not me."

"Khushi, I have equally hurt you too."

"No, you haven't, alright?! Now if you please leave me alone."

"Khushi, okay, if you don't want to talk to me it's fine by me. But atleast eat."

"Why are you forcing me to eat? If I don't want to, Arnav ji. Please stop showing that you have changed overnight. I know it's impossible. And please stop showing concerns for me. I am not hurt. And I absolutely don't need it."

"Okay, if you are not hurt; then why are you not talking to me properly?"

"Because I don't want to. Do you get that? And next time don't try to come in my way."

Arnav looked deep into her eyes but shortly moved his gaze. "Please eat your food, I don't want you to get sick!"

"If you are worried that you have to take care of me let me tell you you don't have to. For the past one year my family took care of me whenever I was sick, I am pretty sure today too they will take care of me. Now if you please leave!"

"Khus..."

"I will be grateful of you!"

"I am going office and will be home by 9:00 PM."

"I don't care when you come home!" she said.

***
"Chote, going to the office?"

"Yes di!"

"What happen? You sound sad!"

"Di, actually Khushi hasn't eaten anything. She is still really mad at me. My anger she is taking on food. I was wondering if you can make her eat. She will listen you!"

"She will not listen me, either chote. Because she has kept a fast for you!"

"What? Fast? Why?"

"Nani has kept a veneration today in the evening at home. It's for you. You have decided to move on with your life, so we have decided that why not we start with god's blessings."

"Khushi, doesn't have to do this!"

"It doesn't matter what you think, she is going to do what she feels is right. If you are going to office make sure you come home early before puja."

"Yes, di. I will come on time. Just need to caught up on so many things."

"Don't stress yourself much and take it easy."

"Di, please, take care of Khushi as you always have done."

"Don't worry, she will be perfectly fine, chote. We are here for her. But you know what it should be you, who should take care of her now."

"Should I stay home today then?"

"Well, you can. But it's okay. Khushi ji, would love if you would go to the work."

"Would she?"

"Uh-huh!"

"Di, by any means if you need me please let me know. Don't bother Akaash bhai. And di please force Khushi to eat, she doesn't have to keep fast for me!"

"I will try."

"Thanks di! Take care!"

"You too!"

***
"I am sorry, di!"

"For what, dear?"

"I am being really rude to Arnav ji!"

"He is your husband, it's your right on him. I guess he deserves it."

Khushi was quite.

"Khushi ji, are you sure you aren't feeling hungry?"

"No, I am really okay!"

"I am just afraid. You didn't eat last night and now you have kept fast plus you are preparing for this puja."

"Di, I know you are really worried."

"I am, but it's chote concerns too. He wanted me to make sure you are fine. He even insisted me to force you to not to keep a fast. He said you don't need to do it."

"Di, I go and see if pandit ji needs something!"

"Sure!" she said and excused her.

"Hope chote, realize she deserves more than just his respect for her," Anjali said.

"Chote, you home!" Mami ji asked.

"Good afternoon, mami ji," Arnav said and touched her feet to take her blessings.

"Live long my son!" she said and kissed his forehead. "How had been your first day? Did you eat anything?"

"I just went there for 4 hours, but first day had been good. I checked all the things that I had to acquaint myself with. Lot has changed in the office."

"Hmm!"

"I ate in the morning so didn't feel like eating anything."

"Okay, go and freshen up, I bring a ginger tea for you."

"Thank you, mami ji!"

"It's not a problem, son."

As mami ji exit Nani comes. But Arnav's eyes were searching for Khushi.

"Good afternoon, Nani!"

"Good afternoon, chote."

"Nani, how is veneration preparations going on?"

"It's almost done."

"Uh-but where is everyone else? Payal bhabi and Akaash bhaiya, where are they?"

"They both have gone to the hospital for Payal's checkup!" Nani said as she took seat on the sofa.

"Chote, sit down!"

"Is everything alright?"

"Yes, it's just a normal checkup! Payal bitiya's and her baby are healthy."

"That's good!" he said.

He looked around but he couldn't see Khushi.

"Where is di, Mama ji, Anjali di?" Arnav asked. But he didn't take Khushi's name.

Nani knew by now he had asked about everyone, but all he wanted to know where Khushi was.

"Your mama ji has gone to meet his friends he will be back in few minutes. And Anjali bitiya and Khushi bitiya, are getting ready to go the market!"

"Market? How could you let them go Nani? I mean, Khushi is keeping fast and since morning she is working."

"Chote, it should be you asking your wife. It's your duty."

'How would I do that, Nani? When she herself is not ready to hear me!'

"There are servants in this house if you guys need something you could have asked them. Or I told Anjali di, I will be back soon from the office, she would have called me."

"Chote, it's not the first time Khushi bitiya has been fasting or didn't eat. But it was you who didn't pay any care. All you had been doing was keeping yourself drugged with alcohol ignoring the world, not scolding you. Just letting you know if you are thinking it's new to her. Many a times she did get sick, few a times she fainted, but beside us no body was their to take care of her. And that was because of you. If she wants to keep a fast, she won't change her mind, she will keep it regardless of what we say to her; but it's you as her husband who should be there to take care of her.

"However, they need a chunari (stola) for Devi maiyan's idol. So they will be going. I don't know what has been taking them long to get ready?"

"Chote, here is your cup of tea! Sasu ma, here is your sugar free tea."

"Thank you, mami ji!"

"You know, Khushi ji, when I said I would call the doctor he just ran away. That incident was so funny," Anjali said to make Khushi laugh but Khushi only smiled.

Arnav heard Anjali's giggle. He instantly looked back and saw Khushi too as they came downstairs.

"Hey, chote, you home. I am glad!"

"Hey, di! Going somewhere?"

"Yes, Khushi ji and I are going to the market to get a new red chunari for Devi maiyan's idol."

"Di, I go. You guys need not to go. Khushi, you could just go to your room and rest."

"Anjali di, let's go. We are getting late," Khushi remarked. Again ignoring him.

Arnav was angry as she had completely ignored what he had to say.

"You both are going no where. Di, tell me where would I get a chunari from I will get it."

"Chote, I know the kind we need but Khushi ji had got it ready it specially from somewhere else that she only knows."

"Di, you can stay I will go alone," Khushi said and was about to leave.

Arnav gritted his teeth and held her hand.

"Khushi, I am saying that stay home. Tell me the address I will get it!"

"Arnav ji, leave my hand!" she said and already had released it. And left.

Arnav sighed and looked at Anjali and Nani ji, and mami ji.

They three shrugged their shoulders. He turned on his knees and left after Khushi.

***
"Poor Khushi ji!"

"Anjali bitiya, she won't say anything to us, did she tell you if she is fine?"

"I don't know mami ji, since morning, she is really quite. I hadn't ever seen her this tensed and sad and quite. Not even when chote used to hurt her with his drinking habits."

"No, bitiya; she was. She just kept herself strong until now. Now she is relieved that chote has decided to not to drink but she is broken."

"You are right, sasu ma!" Mami ji said.

"I just hope chote can make up for his mistakes. But it's not his mistake either he loved lavnaya a lot."

"He did, Anjali, bitiya. But he has Khushi in his life. He has to accept her. He can't ruin Khushi bitiya's and his present and future by dwelling in the past. I think he deserves all this ignorance just so that it gets easy for him to decide what he wants."

"Yes, Nani!"

"Anjali, bitiya, when is shyam babua coming from his foreign trip?"

"Nani, he said some time next week!"

"That's good. He would be really happy when he would know his old brother-in-law, is back."

"I told him over the phone he was so happy! And he told me he can't wait to come back to India!"

***
"Khushi, give me the car keys I will drive."

Khushi shut her eyes. She tried to turn all of sudden and she felt dizzy. But she again turned back shortly and just managed to stay stand properly. She squeezed the handle of the car harder for support.

Without any argument she put the keys of the car on the top of the roof of the car and was going to sit in the back seat of the car when Arnav stopped her.

"Khushi, sit in the front seat."

"We are already late, Arnav ji. We have to get back home early."

"That's why I am saying stop wasting your energy and time. Sit in the front seat," he said and gave her the way. As he went after her, he opened the door of the car for her. She sat in and he smiled.

He then rushed to get behind the wheel.

"Where are we going, Khushi?" he asked.

"To Chandani chowk market."

"Okay," he said.

For sometime there was a dead silence between them.

Arnav turned on the radio that irked Khushi.

"Could you please turn it off? My head hurts!"

"I am sorry!" he said and turned it off.

"Khushi, this is your last fast. Let me make it clear to you!"

"Who you are to tell me what to do and what to not?" she remarked.

"I am your husband, Khushi!"

"Oh really! Is that so? A day before I was a second woman to you and now all of sudden I am your wife."

"Khushi, what's wrong with you? Since yesterday; I was your husband and you were begging me to stop drinking and when I have decided to move on you are not being supportive."

"Stop the car!" she said.

"No!"

"Arnav ji, stop the car," she shouted.

"Why?"

"Because market has come."

Arnav looked around and he realized they had already reached at Chandani chowk market.

"Oh, I am sorry. But why here? We can take the car inside."

"You can't take the car inside, because streets are narrow so there is only a room for a people to walk."

"Oh! Okay!" he said and parked the car where ever he could find a place.

Arnav straightened his tie and looked around. Place was almost crowded. He ran to open the door for Khushi.

"Khushi, how shall we get in? It's so crowded."

Khushi shook her head and started walking. As she slowly dissolved in the sea of people, Arnav felt lost.

"Khushi," he called and walked after her.

"Please, excuse me!" he said to the people.

"Khushi, wait for me!" he had to shout to make himself heard to Khushi. Arnav had never been to this crowded place ever before. But Khushi just made her way with so much ease and here he was getting worried about her.

Nobody stopped seeing him, everybody knew he was a popular name. But it seemed they didn't seem to care about him anymore.

People pushed him, they shouldered him as they passed by.

Khushi turned around to see if Arnav was behind her. But as she looked back and saw Arnav standing as people passed by him as he didn't even exist and some stepping on his feet, her heart felt a pain.

She squiggled in the mob of people and held Arnav's hand.

"Arnav ji, let's get out of the crowd!" she shouted. She moved away people and helped Arnav to get out of the crowd.

"Arnav ji, what were you thinking when people were passing by you carelessly?"

"I have no identity left, Khushi!" he muttered.

That scrunched her heart. The way he looked with pain in his eyes, gave her the heart ache.

They both were looking at each other.

"A year ago, every person knew me. They would stop to give me space. But today, they were passing by me as I mean nothing to them."

Khushi closed her eyes to stop the tears from coming out of her eyes.

"We are getting late, Arnav ji!" she said. And she turned and she went to the shop.

"Hey, is he Arnav Singh Raizada, a drunker?"

A woman giggled.

"Yes, he is," the other woman said.

"What happened today, I don't see him drunk at all, and walking clumsily in the streets?"

"God knows!" woman said.

Arnav heard it all, but by his one signature look, women knew it was a good idea if they just leave from there.

"People laugh at you!" he remembered Khushi saying.

"She was so right," he thought.

His throat was dry. He felt tingling sensations and he wanted to drink so badly.

"A drink!" his mind screamed. He wanted a drink, to release the pure pain, the anger, to ignore what the world had to say about him.

The jitteriness he couldn't stop. The sensation was just out of his control.

His mind was divert when he looked at a couple walking hand in hand. It reminded him of Lavanya. Two, three years ago even they used to go out hand in hand, and laugh like there was no tomorrow.

Unfortunately, when he knew those moments he couldn't get, that upset him. It triggered the need to get alcohol inside his body.

But when he looked at Khushi something stopped him to think of
the alcohol.

"She hadn't seen her parents...she broke every relationship with his family for you..." Anjali's said word drummed in his mind.

"Doesn't matter how hard it is for me, I wouldn't drink!" he said to himself. "I have promised and I would fulfil it."

But the sensation inside him wouldn't go. He needed to drink. He had made drinking his habit to distance from the world and the pain, and it wouldn't just go away like that.

He clenched his fists, with his handkerchief he wiped his sweat.

It felt his soul was leaving him, and if he wouldn't drink he would die.

Khushi looked at him casually, she noticed a change in his body language. He wasn't at ease. He was behaving awkward.

She got worried and paid the notes for the items she had bought and made her way out of there.

Arnav saw Khushi coming and he forced a smile on his face.

"You okay?" she asked as she approached him.

"Hmm...Yes, it's hot in here!" he said.

"I am done, let's go!"

Khushi knew it was more than him just being feeling hot.

"Khushi, give those bags to me, I hold it for you!"

"No, thank you. It's not that heavy."

"Khushi, give it to me!"

Khushi simply gave it to him nicely.

"Thank you!"

Khushi sensed tension in Arnav. "Was it the need to obtain alcohol?" she thought. She was afraid what if he wouldn't control himself and his wants of drinking.

"You and Lavanya were good friends, right?" he said as they walked back to the car.

Khushi knew he was dying to talk about Lavanya. If that would help him to stop his alcohol jitters, she wouldn't just back out.

"Yes! We were. We knew each other since childhood. We went to the same high school and then to the university."

Arnav was relieved that she was talking to him.

"Lavanya, was really cute and bubbly," she said and her voice was broken.

"And the person with the biggest heart in this world."

"She was really mischievous too. She would always eat her own lunch first and then mine too. One day I thought I would take double. For her and me. But she ate all of it."

They both were now standing near their car. Arnav laughed and Khushi was looking at him in awe. However, all of sudden his laugh stopped and a sad smile was masked all over his face.

He gulped his sobs and sniffed.

"Let's go we are getting late!" he said.

Talking about Lavnaya made both of them nostalgic. Khushi sat in the car and she let the tears run out of her eyes. Arnav stood outside the car; and he couldn't stop his tears.

They both had lost the person who was part of their life, someone so closed to them. For both of them it would not be easy to forget her. Most importantly for Arnav to accept, Khushi. And something that would hurt Khushi the most, she won't get the space in his heart and she would never try.
She had to just fulfil her promises that she made to Lavanya and the family, that she will not let Arnav ruin his life. Once she would be successful she would leave. 

Khushi and Arnav drove back home in silence. They had lot to say but none of them knew how to say it or even start the conversation. So they thought it was better for them to stay quite.

As they returned home everyone looked at them. They hoped everything was okay between them as they looked at their gloomy faces.

Arnav simply went to his room and Khushi handed the material she bought over to Anjali without saying a word.

"Chote!" Nani said as she saw Arnav leaving to his room. But he unheard her words. Then she looked at Khushi. She wanted to know if everything was fine just like Payal, Anjali, or Mami ji, but she wasn't sure it was the right time.

However, she simply twisted her words around in a complete different topic to find out from Khushi's tone if there was anything to worry about, and said, "Khushi, bitiya, just go and give him his white kurta to wear it's in the room. It is a puja time!"

"Yes, Nani ji!" she said with a little smile that she didn't forget to add.

Anjali stood in her way.

"Khushi ji, what's wrong?"

"Hey, di, wrong? No, nothing is wrong!"

"Khushi, I can tell from your eyes or even from your face that everything is not fine."

"Di, seriously, nothing to worry about," she said looking at Anjali. And she understood she wasn't at all convinced.

"Di, we both are missing, La!" she said as her voice shivered and she looked down.

Anjali embraced her in her arms. And to this she had nothing to say, other than giving her the shoulder that she actually needed.

"Di, I am fine. But not, Arnav ji!"

"And I am not afraid of him because I know you are there for him. You are, right?"

Khushi nodded. "Now go and get ready. I have your suit ready too! It's in your wardrobe!"

"Di, puja is at home, right?"

"Yes, it is. But dear I specially designed it for you, I hope you like it."

"Di, it wasn't necessary, but thank you!"

"Thank you, you say later! Now go and get ready, I want to see how suit looks on my pretty, sister-in-law!"

"Okay, di!"

Everyone were calm as they were assured they weren't mad at each other.

***
The moment Arnav laid his eyes on the beautiful lady in front of him, even for a second he couldn't take his yes off her.

Khushi stood at the door as she looked at Arnav looking at her side. With a mesmerized look on his face.

Khushi looked awfully stunning and Arnav just wanted to stare at her for endless period of time.

He had fallen head over heels seeing her. Her cheeks were flushing, he couldn't tell whether it was the colour of his dress or of her own.

Khushi was melting under his gaze.

His lips moved to utter, "Beau..." but they stayed at that position.

An innocent, beauty was standing in front of him who had put his tongue to stop and nothing he could do about that.

Secretly, but shamelessly he admired her beauty toe to head.

Then all of sudden a thought provoked his furious mind. She was wearing a la's suit. His forehead furrowed.

"Why are you wearing this suit?" he asked.

"Sorry!" she muttered in fear.

"I asked, why are you wearing this suit?"

"What happen, Arnav ji anything wrong?"

"Di!" he shouted.

Khushi looked at him scared and his roar made her tremble. She had no idea what wrong she did wearing the suit.

Anjali who was in the kitchen heard Arnav's angry voice and rushed straight to his room.

"Arnav ji, what's wrong?"

"Di!" he shouted ignoring what Khushi had to say.

"Chote, what's wrong?" she asked as she first looked at Arnav and then at Khushi.

"Who asked her to wear this suit? What does she or anyone who has given her this suit want to prove? Wearing La's clothes want make her look like Lavanya. Or she could take her place in my life and heart?"

"Khushi ji, where did you get this suit from?"

"Di...It...It was in the wardrobe where you told me that I would find it, beside Arnav ji's white Kurta," Khushi muttered in fear.

"I am so very sorry, Khushi ji. Chote, stop blaming her for nothing. It's my mistake. I put the wrong suit by mistake.

"Khushi ji, I am so very sorry, actually in a hurry I put the wrong suit."

"How could you be so careless, di? How could you give my la's suits to anyone?"

"Chote, she is not "anyone." She is your wife."

"No! She isn't my wife!" he shouted back. Without calculating, his words muttered in anger would do damage to Khushi.

Khushi could no longer stand there and she left from there in hurt, but she dared not to shed any tears at least not in front of them.

"Chote, you are seriously too much! You are so blind that you don't see anyone else's pain beyond yours," Anjali scolded. "You have no importance for others emotions."

She angrily walked out of the room.
Arnav looked at her as she left the room and himself went and slammed the door shut.

***
"Khushi ji, please stop. Listen me! Please for my sake."

Khushi came to an abrupt stop.

Anjali walked faster to get to Khushi. "Khushi ji, please I apologize. It all happened because of me."

"Anjali, di, when your fate is cursed, you can't blame anyone. It's okay!" she said. "Don't worry, I am fine. You don't have to be sorry."

"Khushi ji, I feel really bad."

"Anjali di, now what Arnav ji says, doesn't hurt as much it used it. Now it has become an habit."

Even though Khushi herself showed herself unaffected but her word did imply the damage done to her soul.

"Di, where is the suit that you have designed for me?"

"I get it for you!" she said in a low apologetic tone.

"Di, please don't tell anyone about this, without any reason everyone will be worried!"

"I will try, Khushi ji!" Anjali said.

***
Khushi came down from her room to the puja room dressed in even more beautiful dress. The one that Anjali had actually designed for her.


She looked gorgeous than ever before. But what missing was a smile on her face.

"Khushi, is here!" Payal said.

"Look at this beautiful lady," mami ji said. "But where is her handsome husband?" she asked. Least she knew about the story that happened an hour ago.

"Khushi, bitiya, you are looking really beautiful."

"Thank you, Nani ji!"

"Okay, everyone is here? Where is chote? Call him we have to get puja done?"

"I go and bring him!" Akaash said.

"Akaash, bhaiya, he isn't in the room?"

"Then where did he go, bitiya?" Mama ji asked.

"I don't know!" she said.

"Hey, Thakur ji, don't tell me he has gone to get drunk!" Anjali thought in her mind.

"He must be somewhere here," Akaash said.

"Yes, I go and find."

"I have seen him everywhere! He isn't at home!" Khushi said. Her face twinkled with shattered pains and untold fears.

"He is not gonna be here tonight!" she said with hopelessness, in such a low tone but it reflected her wounded heart.

"Not again please!" Nani said.

"No, Khushi ji, I call him he will be here. He has promised that he won't drink."

"Di, he had not gone to drink. He won't break his promise. He needs alone time."

"Khushi, your fast!" Payal said.

"Bhabi, it's fine as always. It is..." Khushi stopped herself from finishing her sentence when she saw Arnav coming.

Of course it was something that she never expected.

"Chote!" Nani ji said with a relief.

"Where were you?" Mama ji asked.

"I just went outside to have a fresh air!"

"Chote, here puja is getting delayed. And Khushi has to break her fast. It has been complete 24 hour she hasn't eaten anything!"

"I never asked anyone to keep fast! I force no one to do these things for me," he simply answered Payal. "Now shall we start with the veneration please? I have so many else work to do," he said plainly.

Family was worried about both of them now. For the near future they see nothing getting better in between them.

They all sat down for the puja.

"Khushi, bitiya, please come and sit beside chote."

Khushi sat without saying anything even though she didn't want too, as she knew Arnav won't like it.

Pandit ji applied tikka on their forehead and recited prayers and he wished for the best of Arnav and Khushi.

He prayed for them that they both stay together and as a family they grow.

For Arnav he prayed that he gets all the success and the happiness and he stays positive. And he starts his life fresh.

"Beta, since your wife has kept fast for you please make her drink water and break her fast," pandit ji said.

Arnav took water from pandit ji and made Khushi drink it.

It was the first time when Arnav had actually broke her fast. She looked at him, but he wasn't looking at her. It felt he was doing it not as his responsibility, but a burden. Khushi drank just a few drops of water.

"And make her eat something too!"

Arnav took a little piece of sweet, he made Khushi eat it. As his hand brushed with her hand he felt her skin quite warm against his skin.

"Arnav, beta, Khushi, bitiya, take this prasad and feed it to the birds in the morning! But make sure this you do together!"

Khushi kept hand on Arnav's hand as they both took the prasad. And he felt her skin much more warm.

"Khushi, do you have fever?" he asked.

"I am fine," she answered and got up her seat only to fell back on her seat.

"Khushi, you okay?"

"Khushi, bitiya, what happened?"

"Nothing, I am fine. My frock suit got stuck in the feet," she lied.

"Are you sure?" Arnav asked.

"Yes!" she said. "I get food ready for pandit ji!" she excused herself from there.

Arnav followed her.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4177493&TPN=18

PMs later!

To read the next part do click like and comment! More encourgement faster the updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment