Friday 18 October 2013

CHAPTER 3: ON HIS DEMAND

CHAPTER 3"If you are done checking me out, can we proceed?" Arnav said in his husky voice and finally looked at her.

Khushi felt a sudden pang of embarrassment as she shook her head to bring herself back to reality.

Her heart beat was beating so furiously that her whole chest was vibrating and she silently prayed that the man who is sitting in front of her doesn't recognize that.

"Ms. Gupta please have a seat!" Arnav said as calmly as he could manage.

Khushi closed her eyes for being so stupid. She doesn't know what happened to her the moment she laid her eyes on him. She just couldn't stop admiring the beauty in front of her. But surely it was out of her nature.



"Khushi don't act so dumb, for your family, for your brother you have to get this job," she reminded herself.

***
"I am very sorry sir!"

"Please proceed!"

She nervously settled in her seat. After few minutes of awkward silence she started the conversation.

"Here are my resume, sir," she said handing out a thin pile of papers. Reference paper, cover letter, my high school diploma, my MBA degrees are all attached.."

Arnav simply stared blankly at her as she spoke. When she was done Arnav said "You are not hired!"

"What? I mean you didn't even interview me sir."

"That's not for you to think!" he retorted.

"But sir at least give me a chance!"

Arnav remained quite. Khushi took the pile that Arnav had thrown towards her without even giving it a look. She sadly got up from her seat.

"Where are you going Ms. Gupta? Your purpose is not served yet."

"What do you mean sir?"

"The meaning is quite simple Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta," Arnav remarked as he rolled his swivel chair to the left, as he stood up 6 ft. tall.

He walked to the large glass window looking somewhere in the distance at the outside world whereas Khushi looked at his back.

"You are not called in for the job interview but for a deal," Arnav U-turned to look at her shocked face at the same time very confused.

"Still don't get it?" Arnav asked.

"I want you to," Arnav stopped for a minute and continued "I want you to marry and bear my child."

It was totally out of the blue statement he made that hit Khushi like a wave of shock. The whole land slipped under her feet. It was downright ridiculous statement she supposed.

"What the heck you are talking about Mr. Raizada? What do you even mean? And what do you know about me?"

"Lower your voice Ms. KHUSHI KUMARI GUPTA," Arnav growled. "Don't even dare to raise your voice. And I guarantee you would regret," Arnav alleged as he invaded Khushi's private space in swift measures and handheld her upper arm compactly. Khushi's eyes filled with tears, her eyes already red, shooting pain rose in her arms and Arnav yanked her away without any mercy, the next moment Khushi tripped over the chair nonetheless, she quickly get hold of her chair to keep herself from falling.

"Well as far as I am concerned I know damn every thing about you. Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta," Arnav said as he remained close to her.

"You are a daughter of late "Shashi Kumar Gupta who died in an accident last month and Garima Gupta. Your mom who left you and your 1 year old brother behind, in fact she ran with other man if I am not wrong." Arnav's words was a knock of six for Khushi.

"No!" She yelled.

"Reality doesn't change with shouting Ms. Gupta."

Khushi didn't know the reason of why her mom had left her family but she was not ready to believe that the reason that her mom...

"Well, You and your brother Aryan were looked after your Bhuaji. Your father had a small clothing business which due to some reasons you had to sell. And now you have NOTHING Ms. Gupta. Nothing," he emphasized. "Currently you are looking for a job so that you could save your brother's life. Am I right Ms. Gupta?"

Khushi didn't say a word. "And this is the first reason you want this job so that first of all you could make money for your brothers treatment. Is this satisfy you enough or you want to know more?" Arnav said as he stood extremely close to Khushi. Khushi didn't flinch.

"So tell me now are you ready to marry me now?"

"Never ever Mr. Raizada," Khushi yelled her words.

Arnav remained impassive.

"You scream too much little lady. I hope you know who I am?"

"Not before, but now I know you are not only arrogant but really ill mannered, discourteous, ill- bred beast."

Arnav threw his head back and laughed his evil laugh. And shook his head.
But again he held her by her arms. "Ms. Khushi if you called me a beast. I will become one. I assure you," Arnav said as he shoved the chairs and they rolled in the different direction. Then he put his arms around her and his hands on the table blocking her way to go either way.

"What have I done to earn such a treatment from you Mr. Raizada?" Khushi cried.

Arnav again laughed. "You are so innocent Ms. Khushi."

"Are you ready to marry me?" He asked again.

"Never," Khushi said confidently as she wiped her tears away.

"Hmm I liked your confident Ms. Gupta!"

"You may leave!"

Khushi didn't know what to do but leave. She took all her belongings. And was about to leave when Arnav spoke up.

Khushi listened him saying "Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta my doors are always open, you can return back anytime you want," but she never turned to look at him. And another moment she was out the door.

Arnav smirked.

He picked his iPhone to call someone.
"Hello!"
***
Khushi walked in quick strikes.
"Hey, Khushi!" Someone called her name at her back, nonetheless, she didn't pay attention. She wanted to run from this beast world. How ironic it was! The place she thought was the best place was nothing but a bad dream. The world she thought would have brought positive change in her life shattered each and dream of her. The image she mentally took of this place collapsed in a minute. She hated it she concluded. She ran as the place would eat her alive. She did feel eyes of few people at her, however, she never cared.

***
@ The Hospital.

"Bhuaji what happened?" Khushi said as she practically ran to her Bhua.
Her heart was literally in her throat.
"Bhuaji tell me what has happened?" A waves of panic grew in her chest after every other millisecond.
"What happen I asked Bhuaji?" Khushi factually jerked her by her shoulders.
"Is Aryan alright?"

She ran to the I.C.U room. She was about to open the door when Bhuaji stopped her.

"Khushi Bitiya Aryan is fine!"
Khushi took a sigh of relief.

"Then what's the matter why were you crying?" Khushi asked angrily.

"Khushi hospital has decided to send Aryan home. They say if we couldn't able to deposit Rs. 25 lakh they won't carry out the treatment.

"What how could they even do that? I go and talk to them. How could they just stop the treatment. Is money more important than a person's life? Please Bhuaji you don't take tension. I will make everything normal," Khushi says and leave from there.

***
@Doctor Sharma's room

"Hey Khushi. Please come!"
Dr. Sharma said.

"I am not here to sit Dr. Sharma. I am here to talk to you."

"We can sit and talk Khushi,"Dr. Sharma claimed.

"Dr. Sharma is money so important today that you will prefer a child to die for money?"

"What are you saying Khushi I didn't get you?"

"I meant what you heard. You have decided to send my brother home without any further treatment. What about the oath you took before getting a medical degree."

"Khushi please settle down, come you don't look okay," Dr. Sharma said as she marched towards Khushi to make her sit on the chair."Here have some water."
Dr. Sharma makes Khushi drink water. Khushi drinks it and put the half empty glass aside on the table.

Grabbing the seat beside her she says "Khushi I am sorry. I know my duty. If your brother will be sent back home I will still come to your home and give him the best medication I could give. Your father has made so many contributions to this hospital. That's why not only me, but trust has able to keep your brother here in the hospital. Just think with a calm mind that your brother is not the only one here. Thousands of poor people walks into this hospital. Whom we are serving free," Khushi listened Dr. Sharma patiently.

"I am sorry," Khushi said as she covered her face with her hands.
Dr. Sharma hugged Khushi to ease her.

"It's normal Khushi to react. But there is a one person you could talk to."
Khushi right away glanced at Dr. Sharma in her eyes.

"Who?"

"Here, go to this room. I think he is here!" Dr. Sharma scribbled a room number and handed in to Khushi.

"Thank you once again!"

"Anytime dear!" Dr. Sharma smiled.

1 comment:

  1. so a deal again. i think it is arnav who is waiting in the other room

    ReplyDelete