Thursday 26 February 2015

On his demand 2 Chapter 6


Chapter 6: ON HIS DEMAND

Khushi sat on the bed, and was in tears. Arnav stood at the door of her room as he felt pang of guilt. At the same time he was ashamed for hurting her. He slowly walked inside the room.

"Please leave, Arnav ji!" she said, as she knew it was him, Arnav was surprised as how come she had guessed it was him without even looking at him. "I don't want to talk to you!" she said.

Arnav was quite for a while as he was choosing his words carefully in his mind. Khushi sniffed.

"I know I shouldn't have said whatever came into my mind and hurt you. I know I have no right to take decisions for you. Then also I said whatever I felt like. But my intensions weren't wrong. I don't know why I feel so attached to Adhwaya as if he is my own son!"

Khushi clenched her dupatta hearing his words, but in no way she made any move to show him that she was surprised.

"You...don't have...to give any explanations!" Words came out of her mouth with several pauses. "I should be sorry for thinking as if I am the owner of this house!" she said.

Arnav was shaking his head. "Please, don't make me feel more guilty." He stepped more close to her.

Khushi wiped her tears and stood up and looked at him. Arnav couldn't look in her teary eyes. It hurt him.
"I am sorry, Khushi!" he said.

Khushi smiled. "It's really fine, Arnav ji," she said. For the first time she felt they were so strangers even though they had relationship that was unbreakable.

His phone rang. He excused himself and brought it close to his ear. "Hello...Yes, Aman...Darjeeling, why?"

Hearing Darjeeling's name Khushi's heart beat had increased ten fold. Her eyes were wide opened in fear. Her legs all of sudden started shaking. She was so afraid that she could feel it to her bones.

"You will not be able to save your husband. Your luck will not be with you all the time!" Words of the lady threatened her and she was now complete numb.

"Business trip? Oh...sure...It should not be a problem...Book my tickets then...Sure...Bye..." he said. When he turned around he looked at thrilled Khushi.

"Khushi, what happen?" he asked, when she didn't respond he went to her and kept his hand on her shoulder. "Khushi, you alright?"

She still didn't say anything.

"Your husband's life is in danger...If you can take him away from here...Never come back here!" 

He shook her, "Khushi?" She came crashing in his arms as she was made of a rubber.

***
"Nani, Aman said he will have to go to Darjeeling!" Khushi said. "Please Nani stop him. We can't let him go to that place ever again. I beg off you!"

"Khushi, please get hold of yourself!" Payal said. "We will talk to him and see if Akaash can go instead of him!"

"No, bhabi, no one will go to that place. It's not safe for any of us!"

"Khushi, this is a fear that has sit in your head, nothing is wrong with that place."

"No," she said helplessly. "Why don't you understand that place is not safe? I can't let Arnav ji go there, and alone never!"

Mami ji hugged her. "Bas bacha, why are you stressing yourself? Our son is perfectly fine by God grace. If you say we will not let him go, okay?"

"Bitiya, please relax!" Nani said.

"Sasu ma, Anjali bitiya you all leave and take care of Chote, he must wonder what's wrong, I take care of Khushi bitiya and make her sleep."

They nodded and left the room.

"Mami ji, please don't let him go!" she said and Mami ji made her lay in her laps.

"Nah, bacha. We will not, you take rest..."

"I don't want to sleep, Ma..." she said, her sob made her pause.

But Mami ji's heart filled with overwhelming happiness hearing "ma" word from her mouth.

"Khushi, call me ma again!" she said.

Khushi looked up. "Ma!" she said.

Mami ji bent and kissed her forehead. "Call me, ma!" she said. Khushi hugged her laps.

"Ma, please don't let Arnav ji, go anywhere!"

"Stay calm, bacha. And try to sleep!" she said. Khushi felt as she was in her own mother's lap, but for her Mami ji had always taken her mother's place. She still didn't know that her mother was none other than Payal's mother. She didn't yet know that Payal and Lavanya were her sisters. And before that they had told her, Arnav's accident happened and after that they so tangled into stressful situations that there life had turned upside down and never to return to its exact position not even until now.

Everyone hoped that their life was back to normal very soon so that they could give Khushi this happiness. Though they had no basic reasons to hide it from her, but may be not the right time.

***
"I don't understand why don't you want me to go to Darjeeling? Akaash need not to go!"

"Chote, that was a place where your accident happened!"

"What rubbish?" he shouted. "You are saying as if I would go there again I will be..."

"Chote, please don't mention it again!" Anjali said.

"Di, I am not a kid anymore. Nothing going to happen. I have decided that I will go and attend the meetings. Akaash will stay here in Mumbai and look after the office work here!"

When after sleeping Khushi woke up, she could hear Arnav arguing. The last thing she knew was that he wouldn't have listened to anyone. Adhwaya was sleeping beside her, she kissed him. "Baby, I don't know how would I convince your papa. Why he has to be so stubborn?" She got up the bed and went downstairs.

***
"Chote, please listen!"

"You all listen me, my accident wasn't like preplanned or something. So please don't keep me caged...I will..." he stopped when he looked at Khushi.

Khushi remained silent as she was really tired now.

"Chote, if you want to go then take Khushi ji with you!"

Khushi hadn't expected this from Anjali. She hadn't expected her to let even Arnav go.

"Di, I don't need a babysitter!"

"She isn't your babysitter. She is your manager as well as PA. If she cannot go with you then you will not go either!"

"Di, I am not going with him anywhere!" Khushi straightaway said.

Arnav resisted to say anything, already he had hurt her.

"And alone with this lard governor never. Whom you are trying to convince? He doesn't care about anyone..."

"Shut up!" he shouted so loudly that it made Khushi tremble. "You are not my wife that you can say anything. Never in my life anybody talked to me like that. You are my PA so stay a PA. Don't try to cross your limits!"

"Who really wants to be your wife anyways?" she shouted back, but it did hurt her.

"Chote, stop you both!" Anjali said. "You are not kids anymore as you fight like kindergartens."

"Khushi, God knows what has gotten into you. I think you are talking a lot. We had given you so much of freedom lately," Anjali said. Khushi was scared for real hearing Anjali's serious tone. "You are his PA, don't act as his wife."

"I am sorry, Anjali di, I didn't mean to hurt you!"

"Thank you di for finally speaking on my behalf!"

"But it doesn't mean you can go alone, either Akaash or Khushi will go with you."

"Di, I can't go. I have meetings to attend in London this week. Dad will be looking after work here. Dhruv and NK will help him. So only bhai's PA can go!"

"It's final Chote that you will take Khushi with you, Khushi,  this is your punishment that you will go with him," Anjali said. Khushi was going to protest but Anjali stopped her, "Since, you will only go for a week or so, Adhwaya we will take care of. Now go and get your bag packs ready please. Your tickets will be booked."

Arnav was so angry but he didn't say anything to Anjali, as he left he muttered, "nobody listen me in this house now!"

"Khushi, I am sorry for hurting you!" Anjali said. "And we tried every other way but he was so adamant to go, we couldn't stop him."

"Yes, bitiya," Nani said.

"Khushi, don't you worry, this time security will be tight around you both and nothing shall go any wrong," Akaash said. "We will let Karan know as well!"

Khushi had her fears that was hard for Khushi to ignore. Even if she had tried, how come she would have done it anyways? It was the question of Arnav's life.

She knew decisions were made. Now if there was anybody who was after Arnav's life had to be caught. This was especially hard to find when they had no idea who it could be beside Rahul. Lavanya's name came to her mind. Now she was afraid for the fact that she will be released from the jail for a time so that Arnav could meet her. Even though Karan had assured her that she was not a harm and she will be under observation all the time, however, she doubted if she can go to this extent. Especially, when she was in jail.

Now Khushi knew was that she was doing lot of thinking. She even regretted blaming Lavanya for Arnav's accident. She wouldn't have get him killed when she had problems with her instead.

She just hoped whatever she was thinking was just her fear and whoever that lady haunted her in her dreams were her fears. She herself was going with Arnav and she had sworn that if anything would happen it would be her.

***
"These are the files, make sure you check them!" Arnav said as he threw the files in front of her on the bed.

Khushi looked at him coldly. "I will!" she said.

"You have only an hour after that I want you in the study!" he said.

"Sure!" she said.

It irked Arnav as her words only were one words. He so hated her attitude.

"Can't believe you are still my PA? I don't know how I am baring a girl like you!"

"The day you will know you will ask for forgiveness," she said.

"What did you say?" he asked, as he didn't hear her mumble.

"Nothing, please I have only one hour to study these files, if I will not be able to finish reading you will only blame me. So please let me do my work!"

Arnav gritted his teeth. "I don't know why did I even say sorry to you for my behaviour when you deserve it!" he said and left.

Khushi closed her eyes as she tried to deal with her anger. But smiled seeing anger on his face. "My sweet confused hubby!" she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment