Thursday 26 February 2015

On his demand Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8
Arnav removed his arm carefully from under Khushi's neck, and covered her properly with the blanket and himself put his own cloths as someone knocked on the door.

"It must be, Karan!" he wondered. He opened the door a little and closed immediately as he got out of the room. "Hey, Karan. What's up? Sorry I dozed off."

"It's perfectly alright, you needed it. How is Khushi bhabi? Did you tell her everything?" he wondered.

He nodded as he stretched his neck. "Yes, I have. She is quite relieved and happy."

"How are you?"

"I never felt this relief, Karan, to tell you the truth. Seeing Khushi happy I feel my soul is at peace."

Karan nodded his head. "I know right?! Me hearing this that you have told her everything makes me feel so good I can imagine the moment she would have come to know the truth and the way she felt."

"Hmm, did you freshen up? You want a coffee or something?"

"Yes, I did freshen up. And yes, sure I won't mind coffee."

"Perfect!" Arnav called his servant and asked him to get two cup of coffees for them. "So, Karan, any news about that old lady?"

Karan shook his head, "Arnav," he said thoughtfully. "For the past seven months we have been in search of that old woman that Khushi bhabi, mentioned. And with the sketch we have made I interrogated whole Darjeeling, every single man possible, but all I could hear was there was no such woman exists. If that woman is mentally ill I thought she must be in the hospital or in an asylum, but no."

To whatever Karan said Arnav gave it a thought. "Karan, she exists," he said after various calculations in his mind. "Khushi is not making up things, because the predictions that she made were quite true. The accident did happen."

"Even this is possible that it's her fears. The medicine that she had been taking and the accident of yours could be just a coincidence. But yes, this is possible that woman exists, but may be doesn't live here in Darjeeling."

"Or is a woman who is in Darjeeling but she was in a disguise of a old and insane woman."

Karan found Arnav's point quite catchy and something that could have solved the whole mystery.

"And the thing is beside Khushi nobody has really has not seen that woman. So?"

"Yes, Arnav, you are very very right."

"So it means that whoever that lady was knows something if not everything about the person who is after my life."

"And you know what, Arnav? It is quite possible that Lavanya is the person who is doing all this!"

"But why she would kill me? And when she is in the hospital."

"Not you, Arnav, but Khushi bhabi?"

"The accident?" he asked, doubtfully.

"Look, Arnav, it is very clear that it's either you or Khushi bhabi is at the tip of someone's gun. If we say it is Lavanya, her psychology would be if she makes an attack on you and try to harm you, given that your accident indeed was fatal, yes, your life could have been lost, but it was a win and a lose situation for her. She could harm her with the help of someone at home, slowly killing Khushi bhabi may be in your hurt or something. May be by disturbing her mental imbalance, as we know of. And given that it could be none other than Payal bhabi, who is helping Lavanya."

Arnav looked up at him

"I know it's surprising, Arnav, even though you would say Khushi is their sister. The one truth that we kept away from Khushi bhabi. And, if we are keeping someone in the circle of suspicion we have to think of every single member of the house. Usually the person we think of least dangerous is the one who uses its power quite strongly. For example, Nani ji."

"What could be her motive? No, Karan, I gave 100% guarantee that it's not Nani."

"Anjali? She has the reason to kill you and harm Khushi. Since she lost her baby and her husband because of Khushi.

"Or your brothers, who wants your property, as for now nothing is in their hands. Greed can get a man do anything."

"Anjali di, if she has to harm Khushi she need not to harm me, Karan. And if she had to kill Khushi she would have long done that. She had taken every chance to kill her. But you know that beside the tablets Khushi was given nobody made an attempt to hurt Khushi physically In fact, every time my Khushi got hurt or was sick or my son was sick they made sure they took care of her and him."

"Arnav, quite reasonable. Lavanya has the reason to kill Khushi because she loves you, Payal has the reason to help Lavanya because she is her sister. And Khushi is their sister, true, but they aren't really close to each other plus your brothers let say Akaash could use them for their purpose. And Arnav, you know that Akaash, and Payal hadn't told you that Lavanya tried to kill Khushi."

"Yes, why would Anjali hurt you if she wanted revenge from Khushi she would have done so, but especially when she saw the real face of Rahul, I do not think it could be her. Next is mama, Mami ji, they can hurt you to get the property so that they can secure their children future.

Arnav thought he would go crazy.

"And in all these involves not hurting Khushi directly but indirectly and killing her slowly because after anything happened to you, it would be Khushi and your son that might get the property. And if I am not wrong this whole drama started after you guys adopted Adhwaya and even your own child... "Karan literally stopped seeing Arnav hurt. "Arnav, please dude, I am sorry."

"Karan, I think I can't take it anymore. Dude, if my brothers want my property why don't they just ask for it? Why these dirty games?"

"Arnav, in my CID career I have seriously solved thousand cases, but in your case, nothing is making sense. With the death of Rahul and jailing of Lavanya we thought everything will settle down, but we were so wrong. One point we are missing, if we caught that, with a snap of finger everything will be solved."

"That old lady knows something, find her, Karan, she is a real person."

"Arnav, don't over stress yourself. I shouldn't have awaken you up. You drink coffee everything will settle down and I promise the real culprit will be caught some day for sure."

"Karan, break. I need a break. Khushi needs it for some days. I want to spend time with her."

"That's what I was going to suggest you and for that I have made sure you and Khushi bhabi go out to spend some time together."

"She needs it, the day she has come in my life all she has gotten from me is pain."

"You have understood me this much only?" she asked. Arnav looked at Khushi, she looked hurt.

"Khushi," he said, but she left just the way she had come. Arnav excused himself and went after Khushi.

Khushi sat on the bed in her room. "Khushi, I am sorry!"

"Arnav ji, you know that I don't like when you blame yourself but you still manage to hurt me!"

"Look, I hold my ear and even do sit ups!"

Khushi looked at him with her teary eyes. "You don't have to do all that!"

Arnav went up to her and cupped her face, with his thumbs he wiped her tears. He kissed her forehead.
"You want to go somewhere out?"

"Where?"

"For a shopping?"

"And the office work?"

"Who really is here for the office work? It was just an excuse, my dear wife. We have come here so we thought we will spend some time together. Go and get ready. We shall eat outside too."

"But I am scared to go out here!" she said.

"Khushi, you worry a lot, take that fear out of your mind. If you believe me."

"Give me fifteen minutes!"

"Given..." he said and gave her peck on her swollen lips.

***
"Khushi, you took an hour!"
"So?" she said.
"I am not your husband who will wait you for an hour."
"I will not have a husband like you either," she said.
Arnav narrowed his eyes in anger. "Sit in the car we are already late!"
As they both sat in the car they laughed.
"We are a great actors, we should really do a film together."
"Yes, you can be a villain, and Salman ji a hero."
"What the?"
"Yes, it will be the first movie where heroine will love to go with a villain!"
Arnav laughed.
"I am sure you are not tired!"
"When it comes to shopping no, I never get tired," she said, and hugged his arm and rested her head on his shoulder.
As they reached the four way stop, light had just turned green, when the old pedestrian walked up all of sudden in front of their car. Thankfully it was non busy road so Arnav steered his wheel to the safer side. The car came to an abrupt stop, the air bag inflated, they were saved from getting injuries. But when Arnav looked at Khushi and the old man he was worried.

"Khushi, you alright?" he inquired, seeing her scared face.
"Arnav ji, uncle ji," she said.
Arnav got out of the car immediately, and Khushi followed him. The security car stopped behind their cars.
"Khushi, Arnav sir, are you both fine?!" Karan asked.
They both nodded.
"Sir, are you okay?" Arnav asked the old man.
"Yes, beta, you two both tell me, are you two okay. I am sorry I was really in a hurry. I have to get home as soon as possible."
"Sir, you don't worry, we drop to your home," Arnav said.
"But, beta, I don't want to waste your time."
"No, uncle ji, don't you worry. We don't have any important work anyways."
Karan went back to his car when Arnav signalled.
Arnav helped old man get up from the road and Khushi picked his fallen vegetables from the road and put it in his bag.
"Sir, where is your home?"
"It's about fifteen minutes away," old man said. "I give you the directions."

***
"Bitiya, come and see who has come!" Old man said.
"But, sir, we should go now."
"Please, son, because of me you were going to get in so much trouble. Come my daughter , will be so happy to see you."
"Babu ji, who is there?"
A woman in her 50s came from inside of the house. She smiled looking at Arnav and Khushi  for quite some time.
"Please come in!" she said.
"Nameste, auntie ji!" Khushi said.
"Nameste, bitiya. Please come in. Son!"
"Bitiya, please get something for them to drink!"
"In just few minutes, babu ji!"
Arnav didn't want to go in, but Khushi insisted as old man and his daughter insisted.
"Khushi, we shouldn't be..." He whispered.
"Is there any problem, son?"
"No, uncle ji!" Khushi said.
"So, please why are waiting outside please come in."
Arnav and Khushi both stepped into the house.
"But, uncle, please. We should leave now," Arnav said, as he felt restless.
Khushi hit his arm. "Stop being fussy," and took him inside. "At least I tell Karan."
"Sure!" she said.
***
"Here beta, have tea!"
"There was no need for all this!" Arnav said.
"Beta, it's the least I could do."
"Babu ji, what happened?" Shakuntala wondered.
"Auntie ji, uncle ji is just worrying. It was nothing, but a small accident. Right, Arnav ji?"
Shakuntala and her father looked at each other as they smiled. Arnav nodded.
"Auntie ji, you live here alone?" Khushi asked.
"No, I have one grandson, Sharman. He lives with us, but right now he has gone to work."
"Oh!"
"Is family history needed of theirs?" Arnav whispered in Khushi's ear. Khushi grinned. "You could tell them this!" she said.
"Tell what?"
"Auntie ji, he is saying tea is really good!"
"Really?"
"Yes!" Arnav said. "It is actually good!"
"Beta, food is also ready. You should stay for a dinner too. Our son, God knows when will come but you both can enjoy dinner."
"Why not?!" Khushi said.
Arnav rolled his eyes and looked at her angrily. "Auntie ji, you are insisting we will surely have a dinner."
"This is great."
"I come and help you!" she said.
"Khushi?"
"Yes, sir, I will be back!"
"We thought you are husband wife!" Babu ji said.
"No, we are not!" he said, trying to control his anger. He didn't know what Khushi had in her mind. She was behaving so normally as she had fear of anything. But he was thankful that his whole security was with them.
"Son, what all that security for?"
"It's needed, Sir!" he said, respectably, and looked around the house. Well kept and spacious and beautiful.
"Son, if I am not wrong you Arnav Singh Raizada, right?"
Arnav looked back at him.
"Yes, sir!"
Old man was amused. "I was like I have seen you somewhere. Yes, you are a famous personality who doesn't know you. I am getting old, so forget people. Son, you had accident, right. In here only in Darjeeling? How are you now?"
Arnav felt little positive now and thought he could have comfortable talk with him. "I am very well, sir. How long you have been living in Darjeeling?"
"About 28 years for now, son. After my daughter lost her husband, she was dejected by her family, since then we are living here with my only grandson, Sharman."
"Oh, what does he do?"
"He owns a hotel here and one in Shimla, you should visit it. We are just waiting for him to get married and so that he has a family. But he has his own strategies. He wants to take care of us and believes if he will have a wife, she will not take care of us. Also, he travels a lot he is not interested in getting married yet."
"Hmm!" he muttered.
"Arnav ji, come, dinner is all set!"
"Where is washroom?"
Shakuntala came forward and put her hand on his shoulder. "Come, son, I show it to you!"
Khushi smiled and found it cute the way she took him to the washroom as they knew each other for quite some time.
Khushi helped babu ji to get up from the sofa and walk to the dinning room. "Bitiya, if I ask you something would you mind?"
"No, uncle!"
"Aren't you both husband wife?"
"Uncle ji, he has lost his memory due to the accident."
"Oh no!"
"Yes! But uncle I hope you are fine. Do you want to see the doctor?" she asked, he shook his head, and Khushi made him sit in the chair. She smiled looking at Arnav as he came from the washroom after freshening up.
He looked angry, but Khushi loved that angry look on his face and she very well knew how to tackle it.


No comments:

Post a Comment