Friday 27 February 2015

Betrayal Part 21


CHAPTER 21

Dr. Sunaina saw a gloomy look on Arnav's face and immediately changed the topic.

"And I should not tell who I am!"

"Yes!" Arnav said.

"May I know where your wife, Khushi is?"

"Yes, I walk you to her room. And by the way how long it will take for the reports to come?"

"I will tell you in just few two or three hours."

"That will be great!"

***
Arnav paced back and forth as he waited for Payal to come back. Certain fears but a lot of hope was running inside his mind.

However, if by any chance his fears were true he didn't know how he would save his Khushi. And if nothing turned out the way he was thinking he would be broken.

"Mr. Raizada," Dr. Suzanne said.

"Have you gotten the results?" Arnav said in a hurry.

"Yes, Mr. Raizada, if we can talk in a private?"

"Is everything alright?" Arnav asked in fear.

"Please, Mr. Raizada come."

Arnav nodded and walked after Dr. Suzanne. As they both made their way to a quite place, Suzanne spoke, "Mr. Raizada, please sit down!"

"Can't we just make it quick?"

"Mr. Raizada, please have a seat!"

Arnav reluctantly sat in the chair.

"Mr. Raizada, I don't know how would you take this news, but your wife, Khushi was never pregnant!"

He should be relieved? No!

"I don't have any idea why and how the reports that the hospital has in their records shows that your wife was ever pregnant?"

Arnav was dead silent.

"Mr. Raizada, you alright?"

"Huh!" he muttered out of sudden. "Yes, I am alright!"

"Mr. Raizada, it could be that your wife was lying. And all the reports are fake."

Arnav didn't listen anything else and he angrily got up his chair and marched out of the room.

Dr. Suzanne felt sorry for him.

***
"Jiju, you were here, I was looking for you everywhere!" Payal said as she found him in the corridor. "Jiju, what happened? Is everything alright?"

Arnav stopped immediately and shut his eyes, as he slowly once again opened his eyes, he said, "Payal, Khushi, was never pregnant. All those pregnancy reports, tests, sonography were fake."

Payal stood dumbfounded.

"Jiju, did you really double checked with Dr. Suzanne?"

"Payal, she is not gonna lie!" Arnav said agitated.

"So, Khushi was just lying about her pregnancy?"

"Or Aditiya is still alive!"

"No, jiju, he is not. He is not alive!" Payal responded immediately.

"How do you know, Payal?"

"I am just coming from the police station, I went to check how valid the news was Aditya was dead. There I met with Commissioner, he is massa ji's one of the oldest friends. He also came at the party that's how I know about him. He told me that he was the one who was looking after the Aditya's case and he actually saw him dead and he was there when he was buried. Jiju, I know that commissioner uncle wasn't lying."

"Then only it means is that Khushi was lying? Or?"

"I don't know jiju. But we have to first talk to Dr. Sharma. And want to know why did she do all that? She can be a great help," Payal said.

Arnav nodded. "I promise, if she had been part of Khushi's lies she will not be spared."

"She deserves the punishment then, jiju," Payal agreed.

***
Arnav calmly opened the door of Dr. Sharma's room but without knocking on it.

"Mr. Raizada!" Dr. Sharma said.

"Hi, Dr. Sharma!" Arnav greeted back.

"How did you come here?"

"Why? Can't I just come here anytime so that I could know that how my pregnant wife is doing?"

Dr. Sharma smiled.

"Sure, please come, and have a seat."

"You look quite distressed, Dr. Sharma!"

"Distressed? Not at all. I don't know what made you think that!"

"Then why are you sweating?"

"Sweating, oh I just came from outside. It's so hot outside!"

"Oh really from where? Had you to go somewhere important?"

"Yes, I was actually out of station. Had to..."

"Alright, we can just bring the temperature of the AC down."

Arnav took the remote of the AC from the table and decreased the temperature of the AC.

"Is it much better, Dr. Sharma?"

"Yes, it is!"

"So tell me how you had to come, Mr. Raizada?"

"Just wanted to know how is Khushi and her baby!"

"They both are fine, quite healthy. Told you, her anemia and asthma had gotten better! It means her baby is fine too."

"Yes, you know I was just worried."

"You don't have to!" she said.

"Why I think you are really worried about something, Dr. Sharma?"

"Worried? No, I am okay!"

"Look even your voice is deceiving you."

"Mr. Raizada, you are wasting my time. Now you know your wife and her baby is fine just go!"

Arnav smirked. He leant back on his chair.

"Dr. Sharma, instead of just running in circles, let's just get this straight. You answer my every question. And before you think of lying me let me tell you that I know my wife was never pregnant."

"What?" Dr. Sharma said shocked.

"Beside being a doctor, is acting your profession too?"

"What you want to say, Mr. Raizada? And what are you saying Khushi was never pregnant? She is my patient and I know she was pregnant."

Arnav stood up his seat in one go and banged his both hands on the table so hardly that the things on the table was shaking, "do not try to act?" he shouted each and every word in pure anger.

"Mr. Raizada, you cannot just come into my office and shout. What has happened to you, didn't you ever try to feel your baby?"

"You are testing my patience, Dr. Sharma!" Arnav had a warning tone.

"Mr. Raizada, I just don't know what you are saying!"

"Were you part of Khushi's lies? Did you make all those fake reports and tests and not to forget that sonography report?"

"No, Mr. Raizada, you are mistaken, I swear on god, that I didn't make any fake reports. Khushi is actually pregnant with your baby!"

"Another lie!"

"Mr. Raizada, you are just saying whatever is coming in your mind!"

"Okay, if that what's you think. If you are not gonna tell me anything, let's meet at the court tomorrow. Where the world will know that the real face of doctors like you!" Arnav said and gave Dr. Sharma a look that made her tremble, and turned on his heels to leave.

"Mr. Raizada, please stop."

Arnav stopped right there.

"So are you ready to tell me why you became part of Khushi's lies?" he asked over his shoulder.

"Mr. Raizada, I will tell you everything."

***Conversation***

"Mr. Raizada, believe me on this I am not lying. Your wife, Khushi, was pregnant! Also, I know that it would not be easy to digest for you too; but I couldn't tell you either as the reasons you know now. Mr. Raizada, I don't know what I have put myself in."

Arnav shook his head. "Nothing would happen to you and your family, I promise!"

"Mr. Raizada, please hurry up, before anything else goes wrong."

***
"Payal, where are you?" Arnav almost shouted on the phone.

"Jiju, what did Dr. Sharma said?"

"Payal..."

***Conversation***

"What no?" Payal said in disbelief.

"Even I can't believe! I will be back to the hospital in just few minutes!"

"Please, jiju, come soon! I am really worried now."

***
"Please, leave me where are you taking me?"

"Just shut up, and keep walking with me!"

"Just let me go. Please, aaah! My stomach hurts."

"Why the heck I care, b*tch?"

"I beg off you, you have hurt me enough but please don't do anything to my baby!"

"No, I just can't let anything happen to this baby, because this is the key to my fortune."

"If money is something you want I will give it to you, but stop torturing me. I am fed up."

"But it hasn't satisfied me yet, sweetheart!"

"Aah, please!"

"Can you just stop this drama?"

[Blacked out]

"What the hell?"

***
At the hospital!

Arnav ran as fast as he could, he shoved people out of his way and they wondered what was wrong with him.

He stood to take the lift, but he couldn't just wait for even a second, instead he took the stairs. If today, he didn't run, he might loose what he had left with.

He pushed open the door of Khushi's ward and...she wasn't there.

"Khushi!" he shouted.

He raked his fingers in his hair and hugged and puffed.

He rushed back out of the room. "Nurse, where is Khushi?" he asked panting.

"Mr. Raizada, Ms. Payal, took her home!"

Arnav took a sigh of relief. He immediately took his phone out of his pocket to ensure if Khushi was with Payal.

He dialled Payal's number but she didn't attend his call instead it was her voice messaging machine responding.

"Why is she not picking the phone now?" Arnav muttered under his breath.

***
"So, Khushi Singh Raizada, how are you feeling?"

"You are not doing good, I am telling you! You will regret."

"Oh yeah!...but everything is fair in love and war! And hey, please don't cry, as long as this baby of yours is surviving inside you, God, is a far thing, not even I can do anything to you."

***Laugh***

"You must be thinking I am so mean, right? You know what even I think so but what can I do, I am just out of habit. Only once, let me get what I want then I will definitely free you out of this world. And by the by, who actually will need you when I can be a great mother to your child, and a wife to your husband and what else? But I would be really thankful to you, I truly believe that I have tortured you a lot, but I will let you die peacefully don't worry about that."

"Please, let me see Arnav, please, don't punish him. He has done nothing."

"Yes, that's right, he hasn't done anything but you have given him enough pain. I will soothe his every pain don't you worry."

Khushi let her back hit against the wall and her tears of pain down her eyes. That had no effect on the person in front of her.

              

No comments:

Post a Comment