Friday 27 February 2015

Can you forgive me please?! Chapter 2

But the sound that echoed was louder than Khushi's shout and the very next thing everybody knew, she was on the floor...Khushi had slapped hard enough to knock sense into her ugly brain.

Khushi was absolutely furious. Not that much at Shilpa than she was at herself.

Shilpa fell on the hard floor crying.

"Get up!" She let out a scornful screech.

"Khushi, what you are thinking is not the..." Shyam opened his mouth to tell that they were doing drama. He still hadn't realized why Khushi had slapped her.

"I said get up!" Khushi yelled ignoring Shyam and Shilpa without wasting time got up on her feet.

"Now could you please tell everyone what were you doing here?"

"Khushi, just let it go!" Anjali immediately said terrified.

Khushi turned to her side, to look at scared Anjali. "Di, don't you want to know why she came in between you guys?" she asked.

Unaware of the truth, Anjali noted the sarcasm in Khushi's voice.

"Khushi, it's definite that we will have divorce...I don't want to know the truth from her mouth when every truth is in front of me!" Anjali said as whatever sensical excuse she could form in her head.

Khushi remembered that she had said the same thing when she had just jumped to the conclusion.
But today one more couple was going to break up...Just because of Shilpa and she couldn't bear it. And most importantly it was her own that was at verge of breaking, if she hadn't known the truth.

"Anjali, we have to do something. You remember what doctor had said!" Shyam said.

"Yes, I know...I think we shouldn't just have done anything such. It was just my stupid idea!" Anjali said as she wept silently.

"Don't cry we have to tell everything that it was just out drama to bring both of them close!" Shyam concluded and Anjali agreed.

"Khushi, I have to tell you something..." Shyam spoke up.

"You don't have to say in anything in your defence, jiju! I know you and Anjali di are just another victim whose life this Shilpa had decided to ruin!" Khushi said, but none present in the room could understand the meaning behind what she had said.

"Can you say few words in your praise or should I disclose your true talents in front of everyone so that they could give you better awards?!" Khushi said. Her voice was dark and cold that made Shilpa shudder.

"We are gone!" NK mumbled.

"I tell..."Shilpa muttered between her sobs. She was trembling in fear.

"Stop her!" Akaash muttered.

"Whatever, I told you about Arnav was all lie," Shilpa started and everyone now looked at her and then at each other as whatever they were thinking, completely opposite of it was happening.

"What is she saying!?" Akaash asked.

Anjali and Shyam both shrugged their shoulder.

"It was true that we were college friends. I always wanted to be an actress and for that dream to come true, I needed someone rich and with power and Arnav had it all. But there was no doubt he was the most handsome boy in the college. I had been attracted to him..."

Everyone present in the hall had their eyes widened in shock, and some were disgusted as true colors of Shilpa was slowly revealed.

Now, behaviour of Khushi towards Shilpa was making sense to them and even Nani was surprised that it could be Shilpa behind the sour relationship between her daughter-in-law and grandson.

"I had asked my grandma to talk to Arnav's grandma, but she refused...Arnav refused!" Shilpa said angrily.

"You couldn't able to accept the refusal then you decided the otherwise?" Khushi asked.

"Yes, I didn't loose hope. I wanted him to be mine at any cost...So, at the farewell party of the college I added intoxicated drug into Arnav drink; too high on alcohol that he doesn't know what he was doing!? And that night..."

Everyone stilled; there heartbeat stopped for a moment when they thought something wrong happened between Arnav and Shilpa...

Arnav felt all of their eyes at him, but he didn't look at them. Because he knew just like to prove his innocence he had no proof.

Shilpa thought she could still control everything. Her mind had stopped to such an extent where she didn't think how come Khushi knew the truth or to what extent she knew it.

She thought she could still make Arnav suffer and his family for refusing her.

"We did what we shouldn't have done..." she concluded.

Everyone stood still...

"This woman is lying!" Akaash said.

"Yes, Chote can't do anything such!" Anjali added.

"Absolutely, I have full faith on saleh sahab!" Shyam then said.

And there was a sense of approval form others too.

"Khushi, bitiya don't believe her!" Nani said.

Khushi felt a pang of guilt. She truly didn't love Arnav she thought.

Khushi knew it was another lie from Shilpa's, She had lost piece of her mind...Another slap on her ugly thoughts, made her ear ring and the echo of the slap now echoed in her mind.

It was a slap on her cheap thoughts and Shilpa felt it.

"I am asking you to tell the truth!" Khushi yelled. "Otherwise, the person you really love, your fiance...I would tell him everything! But who knows you are cheating on him too!"

"No." Shilpa was shaking her head.

"Please don't tell, Rohan anything...I do love him...Please Khushi...I am really sorry for what I did...I tell you the truth...Nothing had happened between us that night...Nothing...I just wanted my revenge that's why I did that...I made random story...Since, I had added intoxicated drug into his drink, but we hadn't done anything. Khushi, I am not lying...But I beg you don't tell him," she said as she fell on her knees.

"See I knew our Chote can't do anything!" Mami ji spoke.

"What a shameless girl?" Anjali fumed.

"This was the reason that I didn't agree to get my Chote married to you!" Nani snapped angrily.

Khushi angrily held her by her arm and made her stand on her feet.

"Do you even have any idea because of you what have I done? I blamed my husband...My Arnav ji," Khushi cried.

Arnav felt sudden rush of relief in his veins. He took a long deep breath as finally he could breathe. He was living. Finally, his Khushi knew the truth. A broad smile made it's way on his tired face.

"Because I believed you, I blamed him...By doubting you, I didn't want to raise a finger on a woman that I thought was one of those, who are trapped...I didn't doubt on you, on your character because I thought a woman can lie about anything, but not anything such...I was so wrong that I believed your fake tears...Your lies...Just because of women like you, other innocent women don't get justice...Just because women like you!" Khushi cried as she was totally shattered.

"Because of you I broke every relation of mine with, Arnav ji...!" Khushi poked finger in her shoulder in disgust.

"Because of me he didn't even meet his family. He stayed away from his family, alone. Because I told him.I was too angry to even realize how he would live there alone. He loved me, but I blamed him...I saw your pain and ignored to see the truth in his eyes!

"But you must be wondering how come I know you truth!? I understood everything, the day I saw Shiv with his real mother...And after that the fake reports, your claim to be Shiv's mother was a big question and an answer to itself!

"I feel sorry for Rohan...I saw him with you at the mall then I got to know that he is your fiance...If I wanted, I should have given my piece of mind to you, I would have told everything to him, but I remained quite because I don't render people relationships like you do...I am sorry for Rohan...I fear he loves you, but what he will get?! Nothing. You will break his heart too when you will get what you want from him!"

"Not anymore!" a male voice said. And recognizing the voice Shilpa turned around in shock.

"Rohan!"

"Yes, me!" Rohan said as he walked into the house.

"I have listened everything, Shilpa, and I am not sorry, Khushi, but glad. I am glad that I know her truth."

"Rohan, please I am really sorry for what I did...But believe me I really love you!"

"But I don't..." Rohan stated. "I love someone else...I agreed to marry you because my family wanted...But I couldn't admit in front of my family because I really thought you love me...I didn't want to break your heart...I sacrificed my love for you...I saw the truth in you...But guess what you are a very good actress and what are the chances that you won't deceive me after what I have heard about you...I don't know what should I call, whether my luck or what that I followed you here and heard this truth of yours."

"Please, Rohan, how could you do that? How could you love someone else?"

"Why do you only have the licence to hurt everyone?" he asked.

"What happen Shilpa bitiya?" Mami Ji said. "Haven't you heard the proverb!? As you sow, so shall you reap?!"

"Yes, you should get this punishment for trying to break my chotey's and sister-in-laws relationship!" Anjali said bitterly.

"I am sorry, chote, Khushi we had done this drama to bring you guys together, but I didn't know it will be this successful!" Anjali said.

"I was quite amazed to hear this story that la told us was yours...But I didn't know it indeed practically was yours not just randomly stolen..." Anjali said.

And beside crying shilpa had nothing else to do.

"Thank you everyone that you brought her true face in front of me!" Rohan said shooting an angry look at Shilpa. "I think I can go and apologize my love!" he said and left.

"Rohan!" Shilpa shouted at his back, but he was out of her sight.

There was a sudden rush anger in her she turned around and furiously looked at Khushi. But Khushi wasn't afraid of her.

"You will regret, Khushi, I promise you would!" Shilpa threatened.

"And you are blaming me?! Blame your trust, Mrs. Raizada if you had truly loved him you wouldn't have doubted him," Shilpa said as she still wasn't ready to leave any of the stone unturned.

And it pricked Khushi's heart. It was the harsh truth. She didn't trust the person who had loved her more than his life.

"Hello, who you are to say all this to her? And how you dare to threat my bhabi!" NK shouted angrily. "Just try to even touch her, I promise, you will face worst from me!"

Everyone looked at him as they all lightly smiled in surprise. First time, they all had seen NK all serious.

"Very good, NK!" Akaash said as he patted his shoulder.

"Thank you!" NK said as he felt proud of himself.

"Is there anything you want to listen, Jhumri?" Akaash said as he still found her standing in their house.

"No, she wants award for being the worst Jodi breaker!" NK said and laughed at his own joke, but shortly others joined him too.

Shilpa's blood was boiling. All of their laughs were triggering her anger...Knifing her ego, but she knew she was over...Her game was over...She had gotten the worst award for her lies; she had tried to ruin Khushi and Arnav's relationship, but in return she had lost what she got. Feeling shameful, she ran from there...

"Gone!" Anjali said happily then she looked at Arnav and Khushi.

"Guys let's go!" Anjali gestured to everyone to give Arnav and Khushi some alone time, that they both needed now for sure.

"Arnav ji..." Khushi said as he turned around to leave from there.

"HP, please keep my luggage in the guest room!" he said looking at Khushi.

"Arnav ji, shall we please talk!?

"What you have to talk about, Khushi!?" Arnav asked. "That you are sorry...then please don't be, I am not angry at you at all!" he said coldly.

"I know, Arnav ji, you are hurt!"

"Hurt!? Why would I!?" he sarcastically asked.

"Please, Arnav ji, I know, I should have given you one chance to explain yourself..."

"But you didn't...That's what hurt me, Khushi...Not once. Most importantly I was hurt by the fact that you really thought, I could act that cheap..."

"No, Arnav ji..."

"Really?...I mean like really you think that I can't?!...Then what was it when you had said you didn't want to see my face...Tell me what had happened to your trust the day you had asked me about Shilpa?! What about the trust that you had proudly said you had in me?!" he asked.

"Khushi, I know I was wrong too, I should have told you before what Shilpa had done!? But I didn't. Because I knew, I didn't do anything...I am a human, I do make mistakes, but not such mistakes that I have to regret...That I sleep with a woman and leave her!" he said with contempt.

"Arnav ji, you were so scared when I had asked you about Shilpa that had made my doubts even clear!" she said.

"If you are ready to hear the truth from me so listen. Before telling you the truth...Shilpa had come to me...She was blackmailing me...She had pictures clicked of me and of herself while I was intoxicated...She wanted me to accept, Shiv, but I refused. I refused...Then she told you the fake story and showed you the pictures...That's why I stayed mum...I tried to acquaint you of the truth, but you were not ready to listen...I didn't have any solid proof to prove that I haven't cheated on you...How did I know I didn't because she had told me after telling the lie...You know Khushi, if by mistake if, I had done anything wrong, you would have been the first person to know the truth...I didn't have even marry you...I can't even think of spoiling any girl's life not even in my dream..."

"I know the truth, Arnav ji!" she cried.

"Three months...They are just easy to mention, but ask me how did I spend every single second of this three months without you..."

Khushi cried as Arnav let out his anger. Ignorant of her state he just continued blabber that he held in his heart and mind.

"And by the way, I should be sorry, that my love was that weak that I had to prove myself..."

"No, Arnav ji, please don't say so!" she sobbed as she went close to him.

She held him by his shirt. "I am truly sorry..."

"Then why didn't you tell me that you already knew the truth, Khushi!? Why didn't you?" he asked furiously.

"I could only conclude one thing that it had been awesome time for you to live apart from me, wasn't it?"

Khushi shook her head violently. "And me stupid was just waiting...Eagerly. I believed that one day you will come running to me when you would know the truth," he said as he released his shirt from her grip. "But, you didn't!"

"Please tell me, Khushi, I was wrong!"

"Tell me since when you knew the truth!"

"Two months!" she answered in guilt.

"Awesome, Khushi! What held you back!?" he asked.

"Arnav ji, I am really sorry...I didn't tell you, because I was too guilty...I couldn't gather the courage to face you...Arnav ji, I can't live a single second away from you!"

"Khushi, you can stay away from me...And in this three months you have proved that...You have proved me that you could stay away from me..."

"And if Anjali di hadn't called me here, it could have been forever! I wouldn't have come and you wouldn't have told me...Am I right, Khushi?"

"I am truly sorry, Arnav ji! Please give me any punishment you want to give me...I will accept it!"

"I can't Khushi...Giving you punishment means giving myself pain...And please don't cry you very well know that I can't see tears in your eyes...It's better that you leave me alone for few minutes...where you had able to spend three months without me, I know few more minutes will be nothing...Please leave me alone!!!" he said even though he didn't want her to leave. He was just being cruel, but he had no control over his emotions.

He had held himself strong for quite long and today he was shattered.

Khushi didn't want to leave either, but she she knew it would be the only right thing to do at this moment...

She was hurt, but even more than that Arnav was. That she understood. He had all right to get mad at her, she thought. Especially, after knowing that she knew the truth since two months.

"Khushi, what happen? Didn't Chote listen you!?" Anjali said sadly as she saw Khushi.

"It's okay di...His anger is justified.I will make everything right...He just needs little time and space," Khushi said as Anjali came to her to pacify her.

"You will, but please don't stress yourself too much...And yes once his anger calm down a bit, he himself will come to you to talk...I hope you remember you have to tell him one more thing, it's already too late, Khushi," Anjali warmed her.

Khushi sadly smiled and said "Di, can we make Arnav ji's favourite food!

"Khushi, I make it...You go and rest!"

"I am fine, di!"

"Okay, come to the kitchen then!" Anjali said as she cupped her face and left.

***At the dinning Table***

"Wow, the smell is so good!" NK said as he sat in the chair.

"Why it wouldn't be? After all Khushi had cooked everything...That is also especially for Chotey!" Anjali said as she saw Arnav coming.

"I guessed so, only bhabi's hand made food smell so good ..."

"And wow it is cooked specially for Nanav bhai!" NK emphasized.

"Yes!" Anjali said. "Hey, Chote come...everyone was just waiting for you!"

"But where is Khushi now?" Shyam asked.

"She got important call from the office, I think she has gone to receive the call," Anjali said.

"Office, but it's a day off for them! For the Christmas Eve!" Mama ji said.

"Yes!" Shyam agreed.

"Must be something important!"

"Yup, we could wait for her!"

"Yes, sure!" everyone agreed.

***In Khushi's room***
"I don't know Shyna...I think I have asked you to mail those papers to Delhi office..." Khushi said as she sat on the bed, feeling tired and exhausted.

"Mam are you okay...you sound little tired!" Shyna said.

"Yes, I am fine..." she answered.

"I am sorry mam I am bothering you, if it wasn't important I wouldn't have. Anyways, I go to the office and see if I can still find it..."

"No, it's okay...just give me a call, if you do find them...Otherwise, we have to work on them again...Since, they are quite important..."

"Yes, mam you don't worry...I must have left at office then...Good night mam, take care and Merry Christmas in advance."

"Same to you, bye!" Khushi said and hung up the phone and shortly after HP came into the room.

"Khushi, di everyone is waiting for you downstairs!" he said as he knocked on the door.

"I am coming!" Khushi replied.

She weakly got up, but fell back on the bed as she felt little light headed. She sat there for a while and when she thought she was stable she got up and went downstairs.

***At the dinning table***

"Hey, Khushi, come we were waiting for you!"

"I am sorry, Shyna had to talk about something important."

"No worries, please sit you haven't eaten anything since afternoon!"

She weakly nodded and grabbed the seat beside Arnav and looked at him. Arnav knew Khushi was looking at him, but he kept on staring in his empty plate.

Khushi got up and took the bowl of his favourite pasta. She was going to put it in his plate, but he kept his hand, forbidding her to do so.

Anjali looked at him, but didn't say anything. But simply shook her head as she smiled. Anger always sits on his nose, she thought.

"You need something else?" Khushi asked as she thought he might did not just want to eat pasta at the moment.

So she tried shahi paneer with rice, he refused that too. "I can help myself," he said in a nice and a soft way, but Khushi knew he didn't mean it.

Khushi sat in the seat and waited as he himself put anything, but he didn't.

"Arnav ji, please have something to eat!"

"I said you don't have to worry about it..." he almost shouted.

Khushi got startled.

"Chote, she is just telling you to eat!" Nani said

"She doesn't have to care about it Nani!" he snapped. "By the way, I am not hungry, and I am tired just need sleep...Have faced enough drama lately!" he muttered.

Khushi got up.

"Arnav ji, I am sorry!" she murmured at Arnav's back as tears slowly started clouding her eyes.

Arnav stopped.

"Saleh sahab, it was just misunderstanding just let it go!" Shyam said in Khushi's defence.

"Jiju, I really don't want to talk about it!" he said flatly over his shoulder.

"But at least eat some thing Khushi had made everything especially for you, alone!" Mami said.

An ache grew in Khushi's stomach, as whatever everyone were saying was fading at the back of her head and she fell in her seat as she couldn't able to stand.

"Khushi!" everyone screamed her name as they stood up their seat.

Arnav immediately turned around and ran towards her.

"Khushi, what happen!? You okay!?" he asked as his anger was replaced by worries. His heart thudded in fear in his chest.

Khushi softly nodded her head.

"Khushi, you are absolutely not fine...Chote, please take her in the room...I bring food in the room for her!" Anjali said.

Arnav worriedly nodded his head. "Come Khushi!" he said. Khushi stood up her seat.

Arnav wrapped his arms around her shoulder as he slowly took her to the room.

"Please forgive..." she said, but as her head whirled, she fainted into his arms.

"Khushi!" he gravely screamed her name, as he held her helpless body in his arms.

***
"It's all because of me!" Anjali said. "My stupid idea! I should have know that Khushi is still too weak to handle stress...And guess what Chote will even be more mad when he would..."she added, but quickly stopped before completing her sentence when she saw Arnav.

"Can anyone tell what has happened to, Khushi!?" Arnav asked as he sensed the uncomfortable tension in the air.

Everyone stayed mum with unknown expression on their faces. But his heart told him that there is something serious that they all were hiding from him.

He was getting agitated at their silence. "Chote!" Anjali spoke up.

"Yes, what?" he asked. His heart palpitated as it was slowly sinking in fear and by their expressions he couldn't even tell what was the matter exactly.

Anjali was going to say something when Doctor came out of Khushi's room after her check up...

"Do...doctor, how's Khushi?" Arnav hurriedly asked.

"Mr. Raizada she is fine and you could go and see her!" Doctor said.

"Chote, please don't be angry at Khushi!" Anjali said.

He didn't care him being angry at her, because he was worried of her health more than anything. And their silence was killing him.

He didn't bother to ask them anymore and rushed into the room to ask Khushi by himself.

As he stood at the room, he looked at Khushi sat straight up in the bed. Tears were flowing down her cheeks and drenching her saree pallu.

As, she saw Arnav standing, she immediately wiped her tears with her hands and sniffed.

He locked the door behind.

"Khushi, what has happened to you!? Please tell me...There is something that I don't know...Khushi are you sick? I wish you are not...Tell me, Khushi, there is nothing wrong with you...I am right Khushi, right!? You are perfectly fine!" he restlessly asked.

"I am pregnant, Arnav ji!" she mumbled.

"I knew, Khushi, some..." he muttered hurriedly, but stopped when he understood Khushi's words.

He completely froze as he was a statue.

"I am three month pregnant, Arnav ji!" she finally disclosed.

Arnav immediately got up and backed up. Away from her.

Khushi looked at him in worry as he suddenly moved away from her.

Now he understood why Anjali had said don't be mad at her.

"You have been hiding too much from me lately, Khushi didn't you?!"

Arnav's question terrified her. And this is what she was scared of. She slowly got up the bed to talk to him, but he only got farther away from her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment