Friday 30 May 2014

On his demand CH 41


CHAPTER 41 

"Arnav ji," Khushi said as their lips apart. Arnav's eyes had brimmed with tears, but he smiled.

"Hmm," he murmured. Tugging her hair back of her ear. Khushi said nothing and kept looking in his eyes.

But he sought to read her mind. "Another loss," he thought. Precious of all.

The whole family was still trying to accept the fact; and for Arnav, Khushi, it was clear it wouldn't be easy either.

Unfortunately, they could do nothing, but accept the loss, and keep the hopes high that everything will be fine. Time was the key, with time their wounds will heal.

***
In coming next three days, Khushi was discharged from the hospital, and Arnav couldn't until after another week.

As they adjusted themselves back somehow to get little normal and family didn't leave any chance to help them to come out of their grief.

Surprisingly, Khushi was too recovering from her mental grief. Most importantly she had devoted her time to Arnav. His body still not able to cope with him. He couldn't walk without the help of anyone.

His ribs still ached; his arms, leg still were plastered. In this Khushi had to be a support.

Keeping in mind the fact that he has lost as much as she had. For her, he had asked his sister to go back to England. And by that decision she wasn't happy. Anjali had apologized for her said words. And Khushi had promised that she will bring both sister and brother together.

She was also aware the day Arnav had come from hospital, and he had asked his sister to leave even before he stepped inside the house.

Khushi was sorry for Anjali, she understood that even she had lost her baby and somewhere she was the reason.

When end of evil had come, why not all these acquisitions. She had decided she will talk to Arnav about it, however, only when he will be in well enough to listen to her.

In all this even family didn't have said anything. They were with Arnav and his decision. However, it wasn't that they didn't feel bad, Arnav who himself had asked her to leave hasn't eaten anything for a day. For months he had waited for his sister and when she had come back...unexpected happened.

She will talk to Arnav that's what she was going to say in the hospital after they had kissed but she decided to stay mum, that's what she thought was a best idea.

And by saying anything that should better be unsaid she didn't want to hurt their relationship in anyway. Every step she had to take cautiously.

"Khushi," Arnav said as he sat on the bed his back against the headboard.

"Huh!" she murmured as her thoughts came to an abrupt stop.
The box of first aid was going to drop from her hands, but she held it immediately before it falls.

"What happen, you alright?" he asked as he was about to get up.

"What are you doing, don't get up, Arnav ji, I am fine!" she said immediately. "I was just trying to remember something!"

"This deeply!?" he asked.
She shoved the thoughts that still disturbed her and giggled. "Yes, adi guys has misplaced Payal bhabi's Kagans (gold bangles). And I remember seeing them, I think," she told him.

"As they are growing they are getting naughtier," Arnav laughed too.

"Those Kangans were given by Payal's bhabi's mom. She doesn't want to loose them."

"Are you sure, you were thinking about those Kangans?"

"Yes, of course!" she said in a low tone but confidently.

"Now come on, I have to do the dressing!" she said as she sat on the bed beside him.

"Khushi, are you fine?" he again asked.

Khushi looked into his eyes. "Yes, I am very well!" she told him. She unbuttoned his T-shirt.

She removed the old bandage around his arms. His wounds still gave her chills. Her hands still worked gently around his wounds, even over his healed ones.

"I am fine, Khushi!" Arnav told her as he knew she won't voiced her fears, every time she see his terrible state.

"You will be perfect, Arnav ji," she said and applied antiseptic cream.

"Bhabi," Dhruv said as he knocked at the door.

"Yes Dhruv, please come in!" Khushi replied.

"Hi, bhai!" Dhruv greeted. "How are you feeling?"

"I am good, Dhruv!" Arnav replied back to his brother.

"Bhabi, Aman is here to grab the file that he had given bhai to sign!"

"Oh yes," she said.

"Bhabi, I tie the knot of the bandage!" Dhruv said.

"Thank you, Dhruv, it's in the study I go and get it!"

"Sure bhabi!" Dhruv smiled.

As Khushi exited the room, Dhruv sat on the bed and tied the knot of the bandage.

"Bhabi has been a great helping hand, Bhai!" Dhruv said. "In getting you well!"

Arnav nodded his head. "Quite a lot ," Arnav said. "If it wasn't her, I don't think even I would have recovered!"

"That's true," Dhruv agreed. "Bhai I was here to talk to you on a very important matter."

"Yes, sure. Tell me what is it!"

"Bhai," he spoke up. "I know it's little inappropriate...but..."

"Dhruv, you can tell me!"

"I was thinking to have a picnic," he disclosed. Arnav's forehead furrowed. Not for us bhai, but for bhabi. We family member had decided for bhabi we will. She needs it."

"Why are you so scared?" Arnav said.

"And why do you think it will be inappropriate, if it's for Khushi, it's perfect. And you know what, even I was thinking to distract Khushi from daily chorus. She isn't giving time to herself."

"Bhai so we will go to our farm house for that!"

"Yes, sure."

"Thank you so much bhai!"

Arnav smiled.

"But don't tell her this yet!"

"Sure, I will not!" Arnav promised.

***
As soon as Dhruv came out of Arnav's room after Khushi gave him the file, he rushed out of the room where Payal waited for him.

"What did he say?" Payal asked.

"Bhabi, done. We had convinced Khushi bhabi already, and even have agreed!"

"Perfect!" Payal mused in a low tone.

"We will wait until bhai is fine then we will go!"

"Great, let's tell everyone!" Payal said excitedly and they both left from there.

                   ***
After three weeks!

"Please listen to me, Sophie!" NK cried.

"You just shut up, Nanhe!" Sophie yelled on the other side of the phone. "You told me you will be take me to the date."

"Yes, I told you, but you know that I got busy!"

"Oh shut up, busy with Tanya?"

NK bit his tongue. "Oh no baby, we just bumped into each other!"

"Don't call me baby and don't ever talk to me!" she said.

"Hey, listen me!" NK said, but Sophie cut the phone.

"What the..." he groaned.

"What happen, Nanhe?" Khushi asked as she came out of the laundry room.

"Bhabi, why you girls are so complicated?" Khushi looked at him surprised.

"No I mean, not you, but Sophie. Finally, I had made one girlfriend, but she too broke up with me, because he saw me with my friend Tanya and thought that I was betraying her!" he finished off his sentence sadly.

Khushi giggled.

"Bhabi you are laughing?" he complained.

"I am sorry," she apologized. She again broke out laughing. "I am really sorry!"

NK smiled, finally he thought he was able to make her laugh.

When Khushi again stood serious, suppressing her laugh, NK continued.

"Bhabi, please tell me how I convince her?"

"You don't have to convince her. Just go to her and confess that there is no one in your life except her."

"Do you think she will understand?" he asked.

"Of course she will, if she loves you she will surely believe you!"

"Thank you so much bhabi. You are the best bhabi in the world! I love you!"

"Don't say so, your bhai will mind it!" she giggled.

NK laughed out. He screamed again, "I love you, bhabi!"

"Are what has happened to NK?" Payal.

"I don't know, I think his screws need to be tightened!" Mami ji said.

"I am sure he wants to get beaten up by Arnav babua!" Nani spoke up.

Payal laughed.

"Do you want something?" Arnav asked.

Khushi stood frozen. Her eyes widened in surprise. Arnav was standing!

After a complete month, Arnav was able to stand.

Her eyes watered. Without any support, without the help of his clutches he was standing on his own feet.

"Arnav ji!" she mused in surprise. NK stood bewildered seeing his brother able to stand on his own. Another sign of him getting well.

Khushi started walking towards him. Her heart filled with uncontainable happiness. A happiness as if a child took his first step without the help of anyone. Until this time, she had prayed her Devi Maiyan to make him fit. And today, she had listened to her prayers. It felt like a dream.

Arnav took a step towards her, he could walk properly, Khushi noticed. She was only eyeing him from top to bottom.

She stood just an inch away, stunned as she was ever before. "You alright, Arnav ji," her tears choked her voice.

She cupped his face, stepped back to look at him as it she was making sure it wasn't her dream. A beautiful dream that she was so happy to see it came true.

"You can stand, you can walk, Arnav ji!" she almost sang.

Arnav smiled brightly, meeting the intensity of the unmeasurable happiness on Khushi's face.

"I go and tell the whole family!" NK said his voice filled with happiness, he ran as fast as he could, as he could no longer contain his happiness.

***
"I am perfect, Khushi, and it's only because of you!" Arnav said.

She was unable to find words. She didn't know what to say.

There was a long silence.
"Arnav ji...you are fine...You are not in pain, right!? I mean you can walk without any problem...don't you...please tell me!" she asked.

"Yes, I can!" he reassured her. He immediately hugged her. He longed to see happiness on her face. For a complete month, she had seen him in only in pain. And now seeing him fine she couldn't think straight. She so wanted to dance and tell the world that finally her Arnav ji was fine.

She hugged him tightly, "I love you, Arnav ji!"

"I love you too, Khushi!"

                      ***
"How would I tell her that I couldn't able to save anything?" Lavanya cried. "How would I tell her that I knew everything, but still couldn't do anything?"

"La please calm down!" Karan said. "It's not only your mistake, but ours too. If Rahul wasn't step ahead of us, we would have end his game the day he had came to the RM to kill Arnav."

"I am sorry that I wasn't a great help, Karan!" she wailed.

"Please, La, I was a C.I.D. officer I couldn't do anything until, Arnav, Khushi had lost their everything. But what matters is they are happy and safe together."

"But I won't be able to face her, I am such a looser!"

Karan first made her sit in the chair.
"La, please! Please have some water!"

Lavanya pushed the glass of water away and hid her face with her hands before she said, "I am sorry, Khushi, my sister, that I couldn't able to play a role of an elder sister!"

"Lavanaya, I am going to record your answers!"

Lavanya nodded.
"How did you know she is your sister?"

"It's a long story, Karan, I had went to Khushi's house. There was no one since Khushi's bhuaji...I mean our bhua ji was in the U.S."

"How did you get in?"

"I had taken the house keys from Khushi's cupboard."

"Why did you go to Gupta house?"

"When I went to take key there I saw Arnav, Khushi's contract marriage paper. There I got to know that it was just a contract marriage but I didn't know why. I went to Gupta house with the hope that I will get something from their against Khushi, I didn't like her. Because she took my...I mean..." she stopped.

"The person I loved! But I was selfish," she continues and gritted her teeth in anger. "I was very selfish!" she was disgusted with herself.

"I didn't want to see her alive,"

"And you decided to kill Khushi!"

She took a deep breath, she didn't dare any tear to left her eyes.
"Yes!" she confessed.

"but when that day I went to Gupta house there I saw my mom's picture with a girl and a boy. The same picture once I had seen with my mom. She didn't have tell me much about it."

"So how did you know it was Khushi and Aryan?"

"I had asked the neighbours. They told me they had been living since childhood."

"Was it before you appointed Shoan to kill Khushi?"

"Yes," she said.

"Lavanya," Karan spoke. "On that day Khushi had lost her life."

"I admit that," Lavanya got up her chair. "Karan, I am ready to accept any punishment for that. But please don't let this know to anybody else, please!"

"According to the law, you would have to spend time in jail. Time period I don't know!" Karan told her.

"Lavanya, Shoan was killed on spot. You are responsible for it. But Arnav had told me that he was taking revenge on him because he tried to create a problem and Arnav suspended him from his job. So I could say he agreed to be part of your game."

"By god grace Khushi was saved, and Rahul had done his job!"

"If I assume you were the one who destroyed the codes and surveillance cameras at the RM!?"

"No," she immediately got up. "No, Karan, I admit that I did try to get Khushi killed, but no I didn't do anything to put anybody else present in the party problem."

"It was Rahul's deed!" Karan disclosed. "He had kept an eye on you, la."

"How did you know?"

"Remember the locket that I gave to you, to give it to Rahul so that he could believe you that you are his partner?"

"Oh yes, I do remember that!"

"Lavanya your punishment can be shortened, but since today you had been a second hand to us. You put your own life at stake."

"But it doesn't cover the mistake that I was intentionally going to do."

"It doesn't, la! You admit your mistake that is very important. If you hadn't put yourself in a negative way in front of your own sister and did everything to make Rahul believe that you were with him, it wasn't going to happen! Arnav Khushi had lost their baby, however, evil from their life is gone. I would make sure atleast half of your punishment is cut off keeping this inconsideration that you helped us to track down the criminal."

"I don't deserve this!"

"La, you have to show up in the court tomorrow and I am sorry I have to arrest you!"

Lavanya eyes lowered, as pain crept and clogged her mind. "You don't have to be sorry, Karan, I should get a punishment for what I did to my sister!"

"I would try to not to tell the family yet!" Karan said.

"Tell them," Lavanya said. "They need to know what kind off person I am!"

"What about to tell everyone that Khushi is your and Payal's sister?" Karan asked.

"They will get to know about it when mom will come to India!" she said.



No comments:

Post a Comment